Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

polkablues

I'm calling it, guys. It's him.

Hat tip to Drill for figuring it out.
My house, my rules, my coffee

itwasgood

Good find! This is awesome. Aww my heart’s full.
Remember in this thread somewhere it's mentioned something about hoping Phil will be included in some way? This is it.

Drenk

Quote from: Drenk on August 25, 2020, 06:18:21 AM
Nobody thinks that the kid Coop is fighting is the young actor? The man in the truck looks like Philip Seymour Hoffman. The seventies aren't his time yet.

Well. The seventies are his son's time!

The Sopranos prequel has Gandolfini's son playing Tony Soprano. I wonder if that works? Maybe. The idea is pretty moving, anyway.
Ascension.

jenkins

you're willing to be sentimental any chance you get, s/o to humanity

if it's a moving idea whatever, if he can play the part there we go

i'm non-sarcastically sorry to you ptaheads but all that matters if he lands the role which, okay, that's emotionally dope if he does, but what it means in terms of a movie is if does then he does and there we go

please, please, please don't soak this in sentiment. i want to be on your side

polkablues

You don't believe that extratextual information should have any impact on our experience of a creative work?
My house, my rules, my coffee

jenkins

reality fades and art is eternal

Drenk

Quote from: jenkins on August 27, 2020, 03:41:11 AM

Wait until you hear about credits and historians.
Ascension.

Tdog

If this is true re:PSH son then it definitely adds a whole other layer to the movie and has increased my interest even more so. Whether the acting is rich in his blood is a whole other thing though.

The marketing/press circuit sure will be interesting!

joneal

is psh's son an actor? or is this a cameo kind of thing?

pynchonikon

The idea of PTA turning PSH's son into his new muse is a bit creepy tbh.
Peters-based Coop, baby Haim, supposedly little Hoffman, this is becoming weirder and weirder. But I'll take it.

jenkins

Quote from: Drenk on August 27, 2020, 05:55:31 AM
Quote from: jenkins on August 27, 2020, 03:41:11 AM

Wait until you hear about credits and historians.

don't troll me please

kingfan011

Has anyone driven by the set and seen anything interesting.  i drove by a few times earlier in the week just to if maybe I can catch Anderson or Cooper or maybe a new actor but nothing for me

jviness02

I was so excited the two days this thread was poppin' aaaaaand now it's back to being dead.

wilberfan

Well, Thu & Fri are their days off... Plus no one will tell me where they're shooting today!