Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

jenkins

Rick Dalton

It has been reported that Leonardo DiCaprio is looking to join a new project before he starts filming Killers Of The Flower Moon. Could it be possible that he joins Soggy Bottom as the congressman since Bradley Cooper won't be playing the congressman?

itwasgood

I think if there's any other a-listers like Cooper joining the film, MGM would've put out a press release already because it'd help with the promotion. It's started filming already, there's no point in keeping that a secret anymore. It's possible that most of the cast he's got so far are rather unknown actors.

pynchonikon

Quote from: itwasgood on August 24, 2020, 11:56:51 PM
I think if there's any other a-listers like Cooper joining the film, MGM would've put out a press release already because it'd help with the promotion. It's started filming already, there's no point in keeping that a secret anymore. It's possible that most of the cast he's got so far are rather unknown actors.

It's really hard to believe that PTA is cooking up an ensemble movie full of fresh faces except Coop in a supporting role. Just because he didn't book let's say DiCaprio or Christian Bale doesn't mean there will be all unknown names in this. The production is moving carefully and discreetly, just from the first Coop photo on set the twitter crushed, there is no reason to further hype this right now, but eventually they will do. Hopefully down the way.

Drill

Inherent Vice also started shooting before we found out a lot of people who were in the cast. Including, correct me if I'm wrong, Brolin, Waterston, and Newsom (who we didn't find out about till much later) and all three were major parts of the film. And of course many of the cameos. I think only Phoenix, Witherspoon (many assumed she was playing Shasta at first lol), Wilson and Del Toro were announced before filming began.

People dug a lot and found out Manville and Krieps (who someone must have ultimately identified) were in Phantom Thread before it was in the trades. He doesn't like to announce his casts for some reason.

jenkins

i was distracted by the "who is he if he's not a politician" conversation, but the cigs & red vines post reminded me that the casting of b coops was announced by collider, and the film stage echoed this, in reference to the role of a movie producer or director whose path crosses with the main kid's

wilberfan

The latter is correct.

Drill

Jon Peters, Barbra Streisand's sleazy producer boyfriend in the '70s. Even the necklace looks very similar.

wilberfan

You are a clever fellow. Very clever. No, seriously.

pynchonikon

Drill, you are genius   :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Apparently him and Cooper have some history:

QuotePeters was credited as one of the producers of the 2018 film A Star Is Born, but did not receive certification from the Producers Guild of America to use the "p.g.a." designation after his credit. Director Bradley Cooper said that he had not known of the sexual harassment allegations against Peters, and Peters had not been present on the set of his film but received a producer credit because he controlled the rights to the 1976 film.

(Source: Wikipedia)

Would this mean that Alana Haim is playing Streisand?!?!

itwasgood

Quote from: pynchonikon on August 25, 2020, 02:16:58 AM
Drill, you are genius   :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Apparently him and Cooper have some history:

QuotePeters was credited as one of the producers of the 2018 film A Star Is Born, but did not receive certification from the Producers Guild of America to use the "p.g.a." designation after his credit. Director Bradley Cooper said that he had not known of the sexual harassment allegations against Peters, and Peters had not been present on the set of his film but received a producer credit because he controlled the rights to the 1976 film.

(Source: Wikipedia)

Would this mean that Alana Haim is playing Streisand?!?!

Wow this makes more sense for the casting of Cooper.

Alma

I remember when the casting description rumours circulated, someone suggested (think it was on here but it might have been somewhere else) that the cutthroat female agent sounded like Sue Mengers, and she was Streisand's agent. I would be surprised if Alana was playing Streisand though, she's not styled like her at all in the picture.

Heisenberg

I think the guy sitting between Cooper and Haim in the box truck is supposed to be the high school kid at the center of the story, who looks a bit like Partridge Family era Danny Bonaduce. If Cooper is playing a producer, maybe this is how he meets the child actor?

RudyBlatnoyd

I wonder if Dicaprio passed on this project because, superficially at least, it shares a similar period and subject matter to Once Upon A Time in Hollywood, and he didn't want to be accused of revisiting the same material again so soon after that film? A shame if that's the case. Still, I'm sure Cooper will give a good performance in this. I think he's a perfectly fine actor with the right material. It all certainly looks suitably strange and intriguing - just what I expect from PTA.