The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou

Started by lamas, March 18, 2003, 11:03:05 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: HimI'm not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere (maybe even the beginning of this thread. i don't know, i'm lazy.) but i'm sure i heard somewhere that gus van sant was planning on doing another remake of psycho. maybe with diferent camera angles, even.

I'm not lazy:
http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=402
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

EL__SCORCHO

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: Cinephile.

I saw it, I think Julianne Moore deserves and Oscar, but not for that.

I agree. I like Jualianne's performance, but I wouldn't give it an oscar.

Moniker Jones

Quote from: NewtronDoes anyone remember who Emma Thompson is?

yeah

but she read Duck Sauce's advice, and is now waiting 3 years between films
you're never too young to be the moral center of any particular universe

Pastor Parsley

i can't believe i had the patience to flip through five pages of debate about Nicole Kidman, Julianne Moore and the Psycho remake...... just hoping there was actually any dicussion about Wes' new one.  i must be having a good day!

MacGuffin

New Details Emerge Concerning Wes Anderson's New Film

As pre-production on Anderson's new film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou continues in America and Italy, more details about the film are coming out. The film, which will star Bill Murray and Owen Wilson, follows the relationship of a famous oceanographer and his estranged son, while they and the father's motley crew embark on a series of wild adventures.

The Life Aquatic will mark the first time in Anderson's career that he has not collaborated with Owen Wilson on the screenplay. Anderson's writing partner this time is writer/director Noah Baumbach, whose film The Squid and The Whale Anderson has signed on as producer.

In the Anderson tradition, Zissou's crew will include a number of quirky characters. Pele, a Brazilian man in his late 20s or early 30s, will bear a resemblance to the famed soccer player Pele. His character likes to play guitar and is a fantastic singer. Twentysomething Anne-Marie Sakowitz is young, tough, sharp, thin, boyish, smart, determined. Possibly is of European or Israeli background, Anne-Marie often walks around the ship topless, although she is not voluptuous. Wolodarsky, in his thirties, is both a physicist and a composer, with an offbeat, mad scientist quality. He is definately an eccentric, interesting presence on the ship. Bobby Ogata, in his mid twenties, hails from Japan. Bobby is athletic and a bit of an innocent. The currently unnamed teenaged Intern will be smart, charming, aggressive and earnest.

Shooting is scheduled to being at Rome's famed Cinecitta Studios, home to many of Federico Fellini's movies, this August. Disney will distribute the film in the fall of 2004.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

hmmmmmmm........I believe I'm in

one of the few cinematic experiences I'm looking forward to

Ghostboy

Wolodarsky must be named after Wally Wolodarsky, who Wes mentioned in the RT commentary as being the original choice for Bill Murray's young case study, unitl he got a job directing a movie himself. The title of the movie was not mentioned, but it was...Sorority Boys.

bonanzataz

which was fucking hilarious, don't diss on sorority boys.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Dendy

This may have already been discussed, so redirect if you must.

How are you guys pronouncing "Zissou?"
"The Dude Abides"

Pubrick

Quote from: DendyHow are you guys pronouncing "Zissou?"
xixax.
under the paving stones.

Pozer

hehe  

he bee funny

Quotehe bee funny

that be not

Quotehe bee funny

that be not

still, no

-- I'll stop

brockly

Quote from: bonanzatazwhich was fucking hilarious, don't diss on sorority boys.

rrriiiigggghhhttttt

meatwad

does anybody know who will play Zissou's crew members?

and by the way, Wally Wolodarsky was involved with the Simpsons early on. He is also in Rushmore, as the ref in the wrestling match

//www.thestate22.com

tpfkabi

jeff goldblum? stop-motion animation?........this just keeps getting better

http://wesanderson.org/articles/2003/variety.html
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Ernie

Quote from: bigideasjeff goldblum? stop-motion animation?........this just keeps getting better

http://wesanderson.org/articles/2003/variety.html

It's going to be animated? Or the guy that's doing the set design just happens to be an animator? I don't get any of that. What the hell is stop motion animation anyway?

Glad to hear about Goldblum and Bud Cort and Angelica Huston though, this is going to be cool as hell unless it's animation.