I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

Pozer

haha, is there a contest between you two?

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

SiliasRuby just pranced back to Best Buy.

SiliasRuby

I don't like the word 'pranced'

My Collection

picolas

john

Quote from: SiliasRuby on September 09, 2009, 05:09:00 PM
Quote from: MacGuffin on September 09, 2009, 07:53:28 PM

Wait, so both of you refrained from purchasing this on Blu-Ray?

Man, if I'd known that's the way Xixax was going on this one, I woulda saved the extra ten bucks.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

SiliasRuby

My Collection

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Oh, you bought that? I downloaded that MONTHS ago...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Gold Trumpet

Haven't posted in this thread in a while, but recently went on a buying spree large enough to warrant a post from me. There is also a little backstory to the purchases. The top two films I recently taught in two college courses (I also taught Let the Right One In in a third class) and the bottom two films are going to factor into my Master's thesis. The middle one is just a movie I've wanted to own.

Pubrick

Quote from: Gold Trumpet on September 20, 2009, 01:46:30 AM
The top two films I recently taught in two college courses (I also taught Let the Right One In in a third class) and the bottom two films are going to factor into my Master's thesis.

teach us!

you can do it in the art gallery, i'll make it hidden so no one doing an internet search for plagiarism can link it back here. but google has forgotten us anyway like the rest of the world so it might not even be necessary. unless your class itself was plagiarised from shit we've said.  :yabbse-angry:
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I would love to see the syllabus or whatever vehicle you use to outline what you expect in the class.  I would definitely be interested in reading about it.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SiliasRuby

My Collection

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Walrus on September 20, 2009, 10:29:17 AM
I would love to see the syllabus or whatever vehicle you use to outline what you expect in the class.  I would definitely be interested in reading about it.

Um, maybe. I say maybe because I don't know how impressive my notes are. A friend attended one of my lectures and she asked to look at my notes afterward. I showed it to her and she told me she was surprised at how basic my notes were considering (she thought) I said a lot during the 3 and half hour class session. I told her I kept my notes basic because I wanted to talk to revolve around the class discussion of the film and other things. I didn't formally talk at length for an hour or so, but I kept asking the class questions and lectured around all of their comments. Because I couldn't predict a lot of what they were going to say, a lot of what I said came from memory of the subjecst. So I read a lot of things beforehand and kept them in mind.

Quote from: Neil on September 20, 2009, 06:11:02 PM
At what college GT?

Northern Michigan University. Smaller university, but going for a Masters here has its benefits because I'm working directly under a major film scholar. I have an internship with him so I occasionally help him teach (like I did last week) and I'm also helping him edit a book he's writing. I also seem to like isolated places in the world. I live in the middle of nowhere here so that explains why I want to go to University of North Dakota for my PhD (if I can get in).