I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

Pozer

Quote from: Neil on August 01, 2009, 04:58:16 PM
Quote from: SiliasRuby on August 01, 2009, 03:45:16 PM
Quote from: Walrus on July 30, 2009, 03:00:08 AM
I wish I was as rich as you guys.  :cry:
We are not rich we just manage our money correctly and spend it on stuff that's really important.

If someone would fucking link me to the "manage your money correctly" thread, we'd know. 

Asshole.

sensitive assholes are worse than rich assholes.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Pozer on August 01, 2009, 05:09:49 PM
We are not rich we just manage our money correctly and spend it on stuff that's really important.

If someone would fucking link me to the "manage your money correctly" thread, we'd know. 

Asshole.

Calm down. I don't want to get into an online fued. At least not on xixax
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Neil

Quote from: Pozer on August 01, 2009, 05:09:49 PM

Asshole.

Robin Hood.  AND lube.

Problem solved.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

DVDs?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Walrus on August 02, 2009, 06:07:06 PM

DVDs?
Yes.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

squints

this isn't a dvd. and i'm not a rich or sensitive asshole but i did just buy this magical piece of equipment:

Anyone else do any sampling?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Neil

Oh, trust me, i would love to hear the sound you can make with that mother fucker, the midi is endless fun, have you plugged your guitar into  it? can you do that?
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Nice, man. I love drum machines and samplers.  My favorite little gadget (that I actually own) is:

Suffice to say, we need to electronica-jam.

Pozer

for the very first time the I Just Bought thread became interesting. or at least offered hope of becoming intersting. heck, i'd rather see posts of infomercial purchases than boring DVD buys.

"Look, I just bought Close Encounters." "Screw you, I just ordered me a vintage Mr. Microphone!"   

modage

Quote from: picolas on July 21, 2009, 12:39:24 PM
Quote from: modage on July 19, 2009, 11:09:44 AM
you don't care about the subtitles? or have they been fixed now?

it was the shit version.  it's going back.

http://iconsoffright.com/news/2009/07/update_are_the_right_subtitles.html

supposedly, dvd versions w/proper subs have been seen.  so far i haven't found anything about the blu-ray though.  now i'm determined.  mac, help me hunt this down!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: modage on August 06, 2009, 11:36:37 PMsupposedly, dvd versions w/proper subs have been seen.  so far i haven't found anything about the blu-ray though.  now i'm determined.  mac, help me hunt this down!

You're unable to tell from an online retailer. There's no way of knowing since Magnet refused to recall all versions of the DVD. Your only safe bet is to find it in store and look for the "Subtitles (Theatrical)" tag on the back cover.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

to call magnet a bunch of fucking dicks would be an insult to fucking and dicks and bunches.

modage

i have been unable to find anyone online that says they actually have the theatrical subtitled blu-ray version.  there are a few people that have the regular dvd version but i have no idea where to look retailer-wise.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

Flight of the Conchords season 2