FINDING NEMO

Started by modage, May 30, 2003, 08:10:56 PM

modage

cool...

Finding Nemo Surpasses Spider-Man DVD Sales
Source: ComingSoon.net Monday, November 17, 2003

ComingSoon.net reports that Disney and Pixar's "Finding Nemo" has official surpassed Spider-Man to become the biggest title on DVD ever, in just 14 days.

Walt Disney Pictures presentation of a Pixar Animation Studios film Finding Nemo has sold 15 million DVDs making it the #1 DVD of all time; in addition "Nemo" has sold 20 million combined DVD/VHS units within its first 14 days in the United States and Canadian market, it was announced today by Steve Jobs, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Pixar Animation Studios, Michael Eisner, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company and Bob Chapek, President of Buena Vista Home Entertainment.

DVD sales have now topped those of Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment's Spider-Man and New Line Home Entertainment's The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, each of which has sold roughly 14 million DVDs since being released last year.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

dufresne

a question to those who own the dvd.  is there writing on each dvd that says "For technical assistance call 1-800...etc"?

i'm wondering if i have a budget copy of the dvd because i bought it through my uncle...
There are shadows in life, baby.

MacGuffin

Quote from: dufresnea question to those who own the dvd.  is there writing on each dvd that says "For technical assistance call 1-800...etc"?

Mine! Mine! Mine!...Mine has that written on it.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

shash

oh my god i can't believe somebody would "fucking hate" pixar~!!
man you must be a loser...
you have to know how much hard-work animation people put in their artwork....my god you need to learn to appreciate other ppl's hard-work, man.
pixar is the best.
you. have. no. art. sense.
pity you, boy

coffeebeetle

Quote from: shashoh my god i can't believe somebody would "fucking hate" pixar~!!
man you must be a loser...
you have to know how much hard-work animation people put in their artwork....my god you need to learn to appreciate other ppl's hard-work, man.
pixar is the best.
you. have. no. art. sense.
pity you, boy

I SO agree with you.  And I'm damn glad 'lil Nemo kicked Spidey's ass.  Nemo's a better movie all around, IMHO.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

ono

Who "fucking hates" Pixar, anyway?

Pubrick

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaWho "fucking hates" Pixar, anyway?
haha, the second post on this thread.

shash did the right thing in reading the first page.. but apparently didn't realise it was said 6 months ago.
under the paving stones.

Pas

to stay on the topic we started 7 years ago: I fucking hate pixar.

just foolin, I've never seen a Pixar movie except Toy Story and I liked it I guess.