FINDING NEMO

Started by modage, May 30, 2003, 08:10:56 PM

MrBurgerKing

I really want to watch this but I don't know what snack I should bring in to eat while watching. I guess I'll just get a large popcorn and orange soda. Damn though, lots of sugar. If my doctor sees a lot of sugar in my body next week, he'll want to get a blood sample. I think I hate blood samples more than I hate McDonalds. I don't know what to do. Should I go with instant gratification?

©brad

im going to buy an orange soda right now. i haven't had one in months. i like slice myself.

EL__SCORCHO

I like a little Sunkist in my life.

SoNowThen

Quote from: Bill Maplewood
Quote from: StringstrokerSo, you would rather have your 4 year old see boogie nights than Finding Nemo?  There are some movi!5{o appease the younger audience.  If you ask me there aren't enough G or PG rated movies in theaters.  Maybe they aren't as groundbreaking as PDL, but they put a smile on a childs face and that to me is not a bad thing.

What ever happened to movies like The Never Ending Story & Ghostbusters for kids?....the kinda crap they are coming out with nowadays is just fucking screen saver trash.  if kids like it then they are shameless regardless, but i cant help but feel its a tragedy there are no films of quality for children to watch without reaching for a VHS.

Anyway this is all beside the point. ..if this was a nickelodeon message board id never had said anything to begin with.  we are all far beyond the age though.

You're right. I do find a film like Ghostbusters to be so much better than anything they put out now for kids. I sincerely wish more talented directors/writers were doing some great kids movies. I think it was C.S. Lewis who said that something for kids should be just as entertaining for adults. I guess just with simpler subject matter.

But I do enjoy Pixar. The Toy Story stuff is pretty funny.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pozer

Quote from: ebeamanI used to actually try to please you and think before I posted in a thread that you posted in....This really gives me new confidence. I'm not afraid of the immortal P anymore.

thats sad

Ernie

Quote from: poser
Quote from: ebeamanI used to actually try to please you and think before I posted in a thread that you posted in....This really gives me new confidence. I'm not afraid of the immortal P anymore.

thats sad

Well, I always knew whatever I said was probably going to be thrown back at me by P so I would really really try to make whatever I was trying to say well-thought out and nearly impossible to argue with but now I really don't care.

Gold Trumpet

I finally saw this film and not only loved the entertainment value, but feel it will be one of the best movies of 2003. I am very sure it will be on my final top ten list for 2003 and if I had to place it in my top 2002, it would be #4 likely, right behind Minority Report and ahead of Songs From the Second Floor. I think the movie is that good. Like all the Pixar films, it takes a known area of our thought and plays with all that can happen with it if in the mind of the funniest and young in mind guy we all knew. But the difference with this one is that it goes beyond all the others and three fourths of the way through, I could kinda feel that Toy Story would have ended there. That all its cuteness and appeal would have been done but Finding Nemo is continually inventive and seems to find freedom in its world and everything that can be done in it. The filmmakers only feel the drive to keep pushing the story into new terrain because of big the scope can be in just dealing with the ocean. Dialogue and character interaction also are continually inventive and I smiled all the way through out this movie. I've been very critical and seen by some as against entertainment films and over analytical, but thats because I never felt all the potential with entertainment films were even being close to met. I've seen so many movies before that are being repeated all the time in Hollywood now. But when a movie like Finding Nemo comes along, its all good because it shows Hollywood (in my eyes) can compete creatively with the best of the movies, anywhere.

~rougerum

The Silver Bullet

QuoteI like Toy Story, Monsters Inc, and Finding Nemo for their complete sincerity. You can't find that in a movie like Shrek.
Shrek is an emotionally void film. I personally think it sucks.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

xerxes

saw finding nemo last night and i really enjoyed it. not quite up to monster's inc. but certainly a lot better than most of the stuff out there now. it also provided a much needed break from finals studying/falling asleep.

dufresne

this was a great movie.  one of the most touching movies i've seen in recent years.  even though the supporting cast of characters weren't as dynamic as before (Toy Story) I still could see this being my favorite Pixar movie yet.
There are shadows in life, baby.

depooter

I agree. A wonderful film (with or without my 7 year old). If someone can hook me up with a promo nemo aquarium (it's a cool little item that has a floating nemo/dorie) my kid would flip! If you have one, you'll know it. Send me an email, maybe we can work out a trade???

MacGuffin

Quote from: jonasThe Incredibles teaser was great too.

Missed it, curious, wanna see it again?
http://www.pixar.com/theater/trailers/incredibles/
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pixelnixel

I liked Monsters Inc... Even though I hate Disney.  I don't have children so I have a right to hate Disney.  Until I have children, then I might re-consider how eveil I think Disney is.  The only thing I LIKE about Disney is that they hire EVERYONE..... I just don't like them hiring CHILDREN in factories.  I hate McDonald's too for having their stupid toys.  ok?
Patience builds the mind of man.  
Maintain balance while you plan.

nappyrat

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: pixelnixelI liked Monsters Inc... Even though I hate Disney.

Make no mistake... Pixar is not Disney.

And Steve Jobs (CEO of Pixar and Apple) is trying to peel Disney's claws off his company.

I also have a pretty large grudge against Disney, and I love Pixar movies...