Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

wilberfan

*waits for modage to walk in with a denial  (or not).

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

wilberfan

I'd like to personally thank you for 25.5% more Pizza.  :notworthy:

Yes

The NYTimes awards journalist has confirmed it's 133 minutes. He might have seen the film, too. Does this please wrongright?

Finally another discourse we can put to rest.

wilberfan

His cut was 5 minutes longer than the one AMC gets apparently.   :wink:

polkablues

Noooo, I had so much more arguing about it I wanted to do!  :yabbse-sad:
My house, my rules, my coffee

Yes

Alma

Bit bold of him to say "we" got the runtime wrong.

wilberfan

And a tacit admission he's posting shit without verification.  (Not that that was in doubt, apparently.)

Yes

there's so much he-said she-said about this movie. All I personally know is that some critics and agency people have seen and they really liked. Not groundbreaking information and tidbits that have been revealed already for months anyway.

wilberfan

The longer run time will now allow for the credits to include mention of the Xixaxers who made the effort to show up and demonstrate their support during principal photography.

modage

I believe Ruimy's runtime is correct.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

wilberfan

Three more minutes than PHANTOM THREAD is absolutely acceptable.

jviness02

Is that a long enough runtime to explain the age difference between the two leads? Is Ben Stiller in the film itself or just the after credit scene? Lastly, what do you guys think about the marketing of this film?