Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Yes

Alana Haim had top billing so it being her movie makes sense. Penn and Cooper probably just aren't in it enough ala Martin Short in Inherent Vice

wrongright

Who is Sara Murphy? Where's JoAnne Sellar?

Is Mark Bridges the last person standing from PTA's "original" team?

wilberfan

Sara produced some of the music vids.    And, yes, Mark might be the last man standing...

Yes

Quote from: wrongright on October 30, 2021, 08:49:36 PM
Who is Sara Murphy? Where's JoAnne Sellar?

Is Mark Bridges the last person standing from PTA's "original" team?

Always looking for something to complain about.

Sellar is executive producer. Murphy has worked with PTA on the Haim videos

Rooty Poots

Quote from: Yes on October 30, 2021, 08:09:21 PM
Alana Haim had top billing so it being her movie makes sense. Penn and Cooper probably just aren't in it enough ala Martin Short in Inherent Vice

The fact that Penn, Cooper and Safdie are mentioned in the Supporting Actor category for the FYC campaign at all makes me think their roles are bigger than Martin Short's—they wouldn't be listed in the campaign if they were merely glorified cameos, would they?
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

Yes

Quote from: Rooty Poots on October 30, 2021, 11:03:03 PM

The fact that Penn, Cooper and Safdie are mentioned in the Supporting Actor category for the FYC campaign at all makes me think their roles are bigger than Martin Short's—they wouldn't be listed in the campaign if they were merely glorified cameos, would they?

Yes they would. Why not? The studio puts everything on the FYC

wilberfan

I just noticed that on the FYC page that Paul and Michael are listed as co-cinematographers.   Had we established that already?  I've forgotten now...   This would serve as confirmation, certainly.

Drill

I guess Waits is just a cameo. In that case, I wonder why Maya didn't receive billing in the trailer/poster. She's probably more famous/popular now than she's ever been. She was billed on the IV poster for that 1 minute role.

The billing order in general is kind of strange. Nobody gets an "and" credit.

nomorecoffee

Well now we officially know that PTA is splitting the cinematography credit with Mike Baumann and that the editing is by Jurgensen

Rooty Poots

Quote from: Yes on October 30, 2021, 11:14:34 PM

Because they didn't put everything. They put Penn, Cooper and Safdie.

Yes

Quote from: Rooty Poots on October 31, 2021, 12:23:11 AM

Lol why would they out everything and every one? Have you never seen a FYC ad before?

Rooty Poots

Quote from: Yes on October 31, 2021, 01:14:06 AM
Quote from: Rooty Poots on October 31, 2021, 12:23:11 AM

Lol why would they out everything and every one? Have you never seen a FYC ad before?

Lol. Yes, I have. I've designed several. But let's imagine I hadn't—why respond like that? I sometimes wonder if you either don't realize how you come off, or you just don't care.

I quoted you saying they put everything on the FYC. Clearly they didn't, because they didn't even put Tom Waits. So all I was saying is the fact they listed those three actors (and only those three actors) in the Supporting Actor category (unlike Martin Short, who if I remember correctly was listed as part of the 'ensemble,' but not mentioned in Supporting Actor for IV's FYC), it gives me hope they may have roles larger than Short's.

polkablues

Every single day this thread gives me new reasons to hate life.
My house, my rules, my coffee

wrongright

Waits is billed like last in trailer.

He's billed fourth, ahead of B. Cooper and Safdie.

Yes

Quote from: wrongright on October 31, 2021, 02:25:27 AM
Waits is billed like last in trailer.

He's billed fourth, ahead of B. Cooper and Safdie.

Then Cooper's role is truly probably nothing.

I still understand why he'd be on the FYC ad, though. He's the biggest star of film and was a reported and announced name since the beginning. He's probably not getting nominated however