Ocean's Twelve

Started by MacGuffin, January 13, 2003, 09:44:29 AM

Sleepless

I knew this was gonna happen. I just knew it. I thought if they're gonna have another new main character it's gonna be a woman, I thought who could it be - CZJ just seemed like the inevitable choice; she did Traffic with Soderbergh, Intolerable Cruelty with Clooney, and no matter how much you dislike her, you gotta admit she'd probably fit in to this sort of movie. Is she taking a pay cut too? 'Cos that's funny.

That is all.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Mia Wallace

Hmmm... the first one sucked hard

I do like the addition of Catherine Zeta Jones so I'll catch it... on video
I have to go powder my nose

Sebastian Haff

The only thing that will suck more than this movie is the fake accent that Cheadle will do again.

Find Your Magali

You know, "Ocean's 11" is really growing on me. ... When it first came out, I was disappointed, because it was too derivative of "Out of Sight" and at the same time not nearly as hip as that movie.

But, taken on its own, I've come to enjoy it as just a fun romp. It's not on par with Soderbergh's best, but it's entertaining and satisfying, especially compared to 98 percent of the junk out there.

Plus, any movie that incorporates a bare-chested Elliott Gould, Scott Caan, a massive heist, a British explosives expert and "Berlin" can't be all that bad, eh?

Pubrick

yeah it's pretty good. i seen it replayed on tv at least 4 times when there's nothing else to watch.

seriously tho, cheadle's accent is wack.
under the paving stones.

mogwai

Quote from: Pubrickseriously tho, cheadle's accent is wack.
a'right governor? cheers, luv.

El Duderino

i myself, am actually looking forward to "Ocean's 12" i really like the cast and even though Don Cheadle's accent is "wack," i still think the first is a good movie.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

I liked the first, and I'm looking forward to this.

But seriously, "twelve is the new eleven"? Wtf?!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ono

Never heard the expression "x is the new y" as it has to do with age?  Like "21 is the new 30?"

SoNowThen

No.

Hmm, I guess you learn something new everyday.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

The Silver Bullet

Quote from: Onomatopita Like "21 is the new 30?"
I thought thirty was the new twenty-one.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

El Duderino

i thought they already fucked over Andy Garcia. whats up with that?
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

modage

SNT, have you seen Josie and the Pussycats?  orange is the new pink.  i can only assume its tongue in cheek here.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ono

Quote from: The Silver Bullet
Quote from: Onomatopita Like "21 is the new 30?"
I thought thirty was the new twenty-one.
Well, the way I understood it, it has to do with how people feel pressure at a younger age.  It could work your way, too, with life only really beginning at 30.  But I don't really buy that.  Guess it's subjective, really.