not with that avatar

Sleuth

Post of the week.  :yabbse-thumbup:
I like to hug dogs

The Silver Bullet

Quote from: sickfinsnot with that avatar
I like your fish.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

rustinglass

I just saw it and enjoyed it very much., The whole Holland sequence was my favourite
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Alexandro

I fund this to be extremely boring to the point where I was put to sleep by it in the theatre. And it was waaaaaay long for what the movie finally amounts to. Everytime I kinda woke up my thoughts were like: "Shit this is far from ending right now"....

Yeah, it's in love with itself, like one of those guys who think, act and say they're really cool and in reality are just embarrasing to themselves. It was boring, pointless, way too expensive, and it all just adds to soderbergh's and cast greed.

Soderbergh is overrated. Sex, Lies and Videotape and Out of Sight are great. But Kafka's a misfire, The Limey and Traffic are not that great (Traffic is a bunch of bullshit in which the mexican authorities are all corrupt and all the american authorities are clean in that sense), Erin Brokovich is a complete sell out movie (and predictable, by the numbers female drama), Full Frontal is edgy but not entirely succesful, and Ocean's 11 is nice but nothing special in any way. This is an insult. I hate that Soderbergh has a forum at Xixax and Woody Allen, Robert Altman and Alfred Hitchcock doesn't, it's not logical.

Alethia

i agree with you on oceans twelve, this was just embarassing.  i like soderbergh alot too, but i really hope this good movie shit movie pattern ain't gonna continue...actually, wait, no he had two good movies after full frontal, then this..well, whatever  - i just hope he doesn't make any more shitty movies for a while.

©brad

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: ewardi agree with you on oceans twelve, this was just embarassing.  i like soderbergh alot too, but i really hope this good movie shit movie pattern ain't gonna continue...actually, wait, no he had two good movies after full frontal, then this..well, whatever  - i just hope he doesn't make any more shitty movies for a while.
I think Full Frontal may be his best movie.

The Silver Bullet

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI think Full Frontal may be his best movie.
I think so too, though I've not seen Schizopolis yet.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Jeremy Blackman

Don't worry, it's just a Monty Python version of Full Frontal.

Ghostboy

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanDon't worry, it's just a Monty Python version of Full Frontal.

...that's a lot better than Full Frontal.

ono

I wouldn't use Monty Python and Schizopoilis in the same sentence.  The difference between Schizopolis and Python (Holy Grail)?  Schizopolis is funny "ha-ha" (and quite brilliant to boot).  Python is funny "ow, my fucking head, you asshole, I was gonna use those brain cells."

Soderbergh isn't overrated, he just cares a bit too much about financial success.  If he'd only do the "artsy" pictures he'd be ten times more interesting.  But sex, lies and videotape and Schizopolis remain masterpieces.  Other than that, I agree with Alexandro that it's a shame Altman and Allen don't have forums -- but I wouldn't say losing the Soderbergh forum is the solution.

MacGuffin

Quote from: wantautopia?Soderbergh isn't overrated, he just cares a bit too much about financial success.

So it's a good thing he's making that box-office guarantee project called "Che."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

You heard about that one too?

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: wantautopia?Soderbergh isn't overrated, he just cares a bit too much about financial success.  If he'd only do the "artsy" pictures he'd be ten times more interesting.

Actually, I love his attitude. For him, to fall into one category as a filmmaker is a trap. You become labeled (or branded) one type of filmmaker with no room in which to manuever outside that. Obviously with some of the films he has done, he has interest outside European taste. I think whats most regrettable lately about his career is that he found a life outside film and doesn't steam roll them out anymore.