The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Started by MacGuffin, July 16, 2003, 09:40:47 AM

oakmanc234

The poster is a lot classier than I expected. I was was expecting something like, blood splattered on a wall or a pic of a chainsaw or something. This movie might be alright. Apparently, the upcoming trailer is supposed to be really good (according to moviehole.net).
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

RegularKarate

If the web-planets are aligned, this should be leatherface

P.S.  I get freaked when the trailer says "Travis County, TX"

Cecil

it looks too clean. they dont GET IT

oakmanc234

Just saw it, I think it looks quite promising.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

MacGuffin

Quote from: RegularKarateI had always heard that Hooper was gonna direct this one.
Not direct, but...

Screenwriter Note: Before Scott Kosar came aboard, Tobe Hooper (cowriter of The Mangler) and Kim Henkel (The Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre), the writing team behind the original film, also did some work on a draft, but Kosar will be starting from scratch. They had actually started working on the idea of a TCM remake before Bay came aboard.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sal

I was surprised by the visual quality.  Not as clean as the original, but I think it holds a LOT of promise.  Excellent.  And I loved the camera effects from the original opening sequence used to good effect.  More excellence.

Alethia

it's apparent from the fucking trailer that its gonna be too overkill......it's gonna be too over the top, not that the original wasnt but this one is going to be too too much......too professional, too clean, the house is too fucking big, the lighting's too good, there's alot of rushing water - everything.  just too much, too much.  theyre going to rape the original up the ass.

ill still see it tho, probably, outta curiosity.......

mutinyco

The trailer looked promising, though I'm against this film on general princible. One note of promise is that it was photographed by Danny Pearl, who did the original. He's subsequently become one of the most successful music video cinematographers, working mostly with Wayne Isham.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Sleuth

Hmmmmm, it looks a lot better than I thought it would look
I like to hug dogs

Stringstroker

Quote from: tremoloslothHmmmmm, it looks a lot better than I thought it would look

I concur.
"This is funny.  This is nice."
-Barry Egan

Ghostboy

I really dug the trailer (except for the Produced By Michael Bay part). I'll see the movie. But of course, I'd see it even if the trailer sucked. But at least now I'm looking forward to it.

rustinglass

I just saw the trailer. I like the the soundtrack:this mortal coil (tim buckley original song to the siren) also in lost highway.

I think it will suck. I will only see it if I see the original first.

Did any of you see Ed Gein? It's the story that inspired TCM. I liked that one, it looked very real, the guy did look like a serious mentalcase. Ther is another film about this: Deranged (1974), I never saw that one.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Ghostboy

I knew I'd heard that song before. That was the one thing sorely missing from the Lost Highway soundtrack.

I actually haven't seen the original TCM. I think I'll have a little double feature of sorts come October...which one should I watch first (keeping in mind that I'm keeping an open mind to the remake)?

Cecil

Quote from: GhostboyI actually haven't seen the original TCM. I think I'll have a little double feature of sorts come October...which one should I watch first (keeping in mind that I'm keeping an open mind to the remake)?

oh, please see the original first.

Sleuth

Come on man, ALWAYS see the original first
I like to hug dogs