The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Started by MacGuffin, July 16, 2003, 09:40:47 AM

Banky

i understand although while a classic, the original was not all that great

like the new av?

edison

Quote from: Bankyi understand although while a classic, the original was not all that great

like the new av?

Taking a crap and putting on make-up at the same time, a woman of many talents.

Banky

Quote from: EEz28
Quote from: Bankyi understand although while a classic, the original was not all that great

like the new av?

Taking a crap and putting on make-up at the same time, a woman of many talents.

definantly

Cecil

shes not taking a crap. youre just preojecting your own fantasies onto it

and the original tcm is a fucking masterpiece

Banky

Quote from: Cecilshes not taking a crap. youre just preojecting your own fantasies onto it

and the original tcm is a fucking masterpiece

i never said she was taking a crap and saying that TCM is a masterpiece is a little much.

Cecil

EEz said she was taking a crap

Banky

Cecil

well, i guess everythings wrapped in a NICE LITTLE PACKAGE, then, isnt it?

Banky

in the remake they traded out crazy razor blade man with the "your all gonna die" girl

Cecil

yeah i know. thats part of the reason why i find it rather appealing. i think they did this for those who are allready familiar with the original, that way they can try to sneak in the scares from different angles, instead of just reshooting the same script

Banky

they would have to do that.  With Bay on board its gonna be way stylized and over the top.  Explosions and such.  I wanna here Biel say "we ride together, we die together"

Cecil

talking about it is making me look forward to seeing it even more

Banky

yeah i downloaded the original and realize there is a lot of room to improve.

by the way i enjoy owning a thread

MacGuffin

I never found the original very scary at all, and this was back when I was still sensitive to 'slasher' violence. First saw it many years back and had always been told that it was very scary, right up there with "Exorcist". Well, I finally worked up the courage to watch it, and wasn't scared at all. In fact, it takes a while for the kids to get to the house and get the gore going. I found it more creepy than anything. I'm not knocking it, I do like it and I will agree that it is a horror classic (the low budget gave a great sense of documentary to it since it's based on a true story) and don't really see a point for a remake (other than money), but I didn't think it was one of the 'scariest' movies ever made.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Cecil