The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Started by MacGuffin, July 16, 2003, 09:40:47 AM

Ghostboy

That's what I'd normally do -- but I figure I'll really like the original no matter what, and so maybe I should give the new one a fresh chance.

Cecil

but then youll ruin the original.... remakes are SUPPOSED to be seen afterwards... same with sequels

Sal

And if I'm not mistaken, the context of the new film borrows from the old film, so that the original is undermined because it's only a "reenactment" of the events, whereas I think the new one tries to sell itself by being "the actual thing."

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

he's too stylized!!!!!!  ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!  he's standing in a stupid fuckin "I'm Batman" pose....god dammit......

can't wait to see it!

Sleuth

Yeah, I keep rewatching the trailer and now I can't wait
I like to hug dogs

Sal

Banky

holy shit this is one of the best trailers ive seen in  a long time.  the all black sequence in surround sound was fucking sweet.  I agree it will be  a little over the top but i think it will be good.  i like the Jessica Biel ass shot as shes walking toward the house.  Say what you want but this trailer was fucking amazing.  Go view trailer here.  

www.texaschainsawmovie.com

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

is thier any nudity in his flick?

Alethia

oh christ, this movie is going to sadden me.

Banky

Quote from: ewardoh christ, this movie is going to sadden me.

why do you say that?

Cecil

Quote from: Banky

why do you say that?

because its a remake of tcm?

Banky

Quote from: Cecil
Quote from: Banky

why do you say that?

because its a remake of tcm?

be optimistic

Cecil

i am actually. it looks decent. i dont know if ill like it, but im looking forward to it

still, its the principle of the thing