Catwoman

Started by MacGuffin, February 05, 2003, 10:00:43 AM

Gloria

Quote from: themodernage02Catwoman: A scoop on the Halle Berry flick hit the other day on "The Daivd Letterman Show" of all places. Whilst talking with Dave, Berry spoke a little about the role and more importantly how it fits into the context of the other Catwoman/Batman universe. First up its confirmed there's no special 'powers' for the character: "She can fight. She fights like a cat. You know, she doesn't have anything super-human, y'know? But she can do anything a healthy good tiger can do...she can do". The origin? "Well, she dies, like all the other Cat-Women...she dies and is reborn a Cat-Woman. But what's interesting about the take on this movie, is that we're not saying that my version of Catwoman is the only Catwoman...She is one of an army (of what we believe) of nine Cat-Women, so we leave room for Eartha Kitt, who was a great Catwoman, and Michelle Pfeifer, who was another awesome Catwoman. And I'm just another Catwoman, because we believe that there are nine".

umm correct me if i'm wrong, but "all other catwomen" dont die and get  re-born.  what the hell is she rambling on about?

I think she was referring to the Michelle Pfieffer Catwoman, who supposedly 'died' by being thrown out of the window and revived by cats. She may also be referring to the 9 lives in Batman Returns (remember Christopher Walkens character continuing to shoot her while she counts "good girls go to...eight") But, I believe, Batman Returns' Catwoman is the only one to supposedly die. Correct me if it is in the comics.
Then again, Halle probably didn't know what she was talking about.

modage

Quote from: Ceciloh dear

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Banky

that is some cheesy shit

Ghostboy

It's amazing! Not a single word can be spoken about this film without making it seem even more astronomically terrible! Wow.

Also, I think Halle Berry is kinda dim. She's a good actress -- great, with the right material -- but whenever I hear her talk outside of a performance, it's a little worriesome.

edison

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: EEz28

I like the outfit!

picolas

No rougerumy! I steal it!

~picoulbrum

Banky

Got some pretty scary news regarding the surprisingly "troubled" Catwoman project,I say surprisingly because everyone involved seemed to think that this was the correct direction for the project to go, That was until they realized it sucks. It seems from what I'm hearing even long term producer Denise De Novi is having second thoughts on everything from the script to director. Evidently the bad blood started about 4 weeks ago in Vancouver, Arguments were being made over the reaction the film has gotten so far from the Internet and other bad press, the initial Catwoman costume picture had a lot to do with this. The critical lambasting worried Warner a lot, So much they started to fear that this film could hurt the upcoming Batman film if it had bad word of mouth at this early in the game (Before people had even seen it) Will people still flock to the theaters to see Batman if Catwoman bitters their taste?

After all Batman Returns isn't that old of a film, People still know that they are supposed to be connected (No matter what this new film says ). Quick changes were ORDERED (not asked) to the script and costume to try and fix or change the film to resemble something more in line with the what people may expect.  Slowly and quietly the new (Simpler and more biker chickish) costume was reveled through internet "Leaked" photos and Patience Price suddenly became Patience Philips. Rumor has it that this Catwoman will also find out that Selina Kyle is her mother, Who has died. ( A reference to a much earlier draft of the script. ) The reason for these changes? From what I gather it boils down to a few things, Bad press from the netfans, Yes Believe it or not the WB has started to care about what Internet fans think. Hence Christian Bale getting cast, trust me, Batfans had a        Lot to do with that.

The horrible reaction to the first PIC of Hallie Berry as Catwoman. And in fact Berry's own comments on a late night talk show mentioning something about "9 Catwomen all together since the comic first started until now, Including all the actors who portrayed her. UGH"

PITOF IS P.O.'D

That's what I'm hearing, PITOF was forced by WB and De Novi to make the changes to the film. He wanted this film to not resemble the comics at all, He was going for his artistic merit I guess. Pitof gave in, But not after things got very heated between him, De Novi and a Studio Exc.

The next blow to this film came in the form of dailies. Some of the footage from Vancouver didn't seem to impress some of the suits, to be fair some thought it was good. Some are saying the boss' were just giving Pitof a hard time because of his attitude about the ordered changes.

Nothing is very clear.

What stands now is a strange situation and Pifof may have the troubled Exorcist prequel  to thank for him keeping his job. At least fo! r the time being.  Just a quick recap of that project, The Exorcist: The Beginning has been in the works for a few years, John Frankenhimer was supposed to direct but stepped out shortly before his death. Shortly after Paul Schrade was hired to direct and changed the cast and script around and delivered the film to WB, For some reason they hated it. Rumors about Schrade making it completely his film and not what the studio wanted.

Now, The film has been taken away from Schrade and Director Renny Harlin has been hired to film new scenes to "enhance' the film. This has proven a costly and negative look on a film that is in some people's opinion unesscerary.  Now can you see the simerlarties to the Catwoman project? Why the sudden flow of information from WB?

Notice the massive amounts of photos on the net (Showing just how great the production is going, How cool does the new suit look) They are trying to keep what happened to the Exorcist from happening to Catwoman. The pre-release bad word of mouth on the Exorcist has already started, they are hoping for the best for Catwoman. The reason why PITOF hasn't been fired is because they don't want to be known as the Troubled project studio who takes away every concept film from artistic directors.

Basically the way things look are as such, Since Principle photography is near completion WB has decided to let PITOF Finnish Catwoman without any further changes. Now after that PITOF is supposed to have a visual presentation featuring early edited footage for Wb, They will then make their decision on whether they care for his "Vision" or not. I've also been hearing that WB has hired some writers to start working on a plan to make the script feel more like the comic-book version of Catwoman by adding new/alterante scenes if needed by a new director if the WB decides to go the Exorcist route. Haven't heard any names for a possible replacement, because it's far to early to see if that is ev! en needed but these rewrites will certainly help the film if PITOF is axed,

Also been hearing that Berry has been contacted about leaving a few weeks in the spring open for reshoots if needed. This film may be pushed back for a year if PITOF doesn't impress the suits. The WB is worried about this project because 1. It's their first comic book film since 1997's Batman & Robin and Steel and 2. Catwoman is a character in the Batman Universe, It's taken 7 years to get a Batman film going that will please fans, They don't want to ruin that by releasing Catwoman a year before Nolan's film and pissing everyone off. I've also heard WB may push the reshoots and release the film after Nolan's Batman film.

Gloria

This whole ordeal makes me sad. If they just would have stuck to the comics (or even the cartoon), none of this would have happened.  Selina Kyle was the Catwoman.  If they wanted to do a 'Birds of Prey" thing, they should have come right out and called the project something else. Do you know what Selina was in the comic Batman: Year One?  She was a prostitute, not a scientist. I agree that the outfit was also horrific and that Michelle Pfieffer ruled as Catwoman in Batman Returns.  I'm frustrated with this whole idea. Catwoman was one of my favorite characters in the Batman universe, I hate to see a movie involving the character suck.

Gloria

Halle Berry 'just fine' after accident
Actress collided with equipment on 'Catwoman' set
Wednesday, January 28, 2004 Posted: 10:39 AM EST (1539 GMT)

Halle Berry
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) -- Halle Berry was taken to a hospital after colliding with a piece of set equipment while filming a running scene for "Catwoman" but is now back at work, production spokesman Joe Everett said.

The accident was minor, Everett said Tuesday, denying reports that the Oscar-winning "Monster's Ball" actress was hit in the head with a microphone boom and spent six hours in a hospital waiting room.

"She had to maneuver past a piece of equipment, a set piece, and she didn't quite run past it, but she's just fine," he said. "She was taken to hospital Saturday night, treated and released and was at work again Monday morning."

Berry, 35, broke her arm last year while shooting "Gothika" in Montreal and injured her eye on the set of "Die Another Day."

"Catwoman" is based on the DC Comics character who's often the love interest of Batman. The film is scheduled to come out June 30. DC Comics is a unit of Time Warner.

cine

Haha, I just read this somewhere and laughed really hard at how much of a clutz she is.

This is your Catwoman, America.

Pubrick

Quote from: Gloriabut is now back at work,
damn it.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

First Video of Halle in Character as Catwoman

While Halle Berry couldn't make it down for Oprah Winfrey's 50th birthday celebration show today, she did leave her a video greeting and it's your first live-action look at her in character as Catwoman. That video segment was replayed by Access Hollywood, captured by Halle's fans and brought online for you to check out (RealPlayer). The big screen adaptation opens July 30.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gloria

That video made me physically ill..... :yabbse-lipsrsealed:

I have just lost any hope for this movie.  As a fan of Catwoman and a human being....I am really, really insulted.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: themodernage02"She can fight. She fights like a cat. You know, she doesn't have anything super-human, y'know? But she can do anything a healthy good tiger can do...she can do". The origin? "Well, she dies, like all the other Cat-Women...she dies and is reborn a Cat-Woman. But what's interesting about the take on this movie, is that we're not saying that my version of Catwoman is the only Catwoman...She is one of an army (of what we believe) of nine Cat-Women, so we leave room for Eartha Kitt, who was a great Catwoman, and Michelle Pfeifer, who was another awesome Catwoman. And I'm just another Catwoman, because we believe that there are nine".

hahahhhahaah......9 lives ........the way she speaks  about her part in this film reminds me of a kid who flushed his ritalin down the toilet and just discovered magic cards and transformers......