Catwoman

Started by MacGuffin, February 05, 2003, 10:00:43 AM

matt35mm

I think French directors are awesome.

... just not when Halle Berry works with them.  This "Pitof" guy and Mattieu Kassovitz (probably didn't spell that correctly)... well, I can't imagine that Catwoman and Gothika wouldn't be their worst movies.

And WHY does Halle Berry talk like that as Catwoman??  It's not even like a cat!  It's like she's trying to sound like a creepy old woman.  (something along the lines of...) "Last night, you killed a girl... she was a good girl..."  PSHAW!

And the "Cream, straight up??"  PSHAW, I say!

Okay done venting for the moment.  (And YES, I can rag on this movie before it even opens because it's mother... fucking... Catwoman... starring Halle Berry as directed by Pitof, and that's all I need to know to judge this movie.)

grand theft sparrow

According to a rather disturbing trailer I saw before Harry Potter, CATWOMAN will be released in IMAX format at the same time as the standard theatrical release.  The 1000+ audience's reaction to this trailer was DEAD SILENCE.  After the gales of hysterical laughter that has accompanied the White Chicks trailer every time I see it (from everyone else but me), this has given me some hope.

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

matt35mm

It was a lively crowd at the Spider-Man 2 midnight screening (although in a good way, with cheers and laughter at the appropriate times), and RIGHT WHEN the trailer for Catwoman started playing, giant BOOS came from the audience.

Haha, it made me smile, cuz the trailer is horrible and I wasn't alone in my assessment.  How sad for Catwoman, though.  Just loud booing all around.  Haha... good times.

MacGuffin

The Los Angeles Times (Kevin Thomas) actually gave this a positive review.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

london

I suppose I should reserve judgement until I see this,  but that seems scary.
Ten should be enough.  You think 10 should be enough?  You think we need one more?  You think we need one more.  Alright,  we'll get one more.

NEON MERCURY

... oh my gosh, this film was phucking awesome........i just got back from it and i still have chills running up and down my spine so please forgive me for typos et al..but as soon as the titles began i knew that this film was going to be the killer/sleeper hit of the summer both commercially and critically, ...........damn, its was the best titles since se7en...........i dont want to spoil it too much but lets just say that halle berry is the greatest female actress of our generation....flat out....she phucking rules the screen... everytime she delivered the brilliant dialogue i almost cried....just beautiful....i just didnt realize how monsters ball was such a marvelous precurssor to catwoman.......and yes, this ranks up there w/ the best of the comic book films.......but i need to get back to miss. berry, i know this sounds stupid but i think she might have employed some "method acting" to this film and her part...b/c at times when she "transformed" into the cat..i almost though she was a cat..she nailed down every nuance of feline behavior....the way she walked, sniffed, pissed, ate, and even when she took a sh*t, she even remeberd to cover it up with kitty litter... :P ..........oh!!!!! i got to let you guys know that even the way she talked was awesome....like, when i was younger and use to play w/ my kitties i use to stare at them and pretend that i knew what they were saying to me ....like "talking"..... i know this sounds rather ghey....but the part in the trailer when berry rasps..."cat got your tongue?"..i freaked!!!!.it was just how i imagined the way my kittens would talk to me...........but every part of her perfoamce was METHODICAL.......the only complaint is that durind the typical "love scene" ...the way sharon stone use 'catnip" was inappropiate...but not everything is perfect so, all is forgiven...............the FX were gorgeous......i thought i saw the pinnacle of FX when watching the matrix films and LOTR films...but catwomans the real deal..........everything looked so real....it was the most accurate and true looking CGI i have ever witnessed.......even during some parts of the film i would have to rub butter from my popcorn into my eyes to make sure it was real.......beautiful........all the other aspects of filmaking were fantastic..props has to go out the the production design...and the music.....the music ..............the music........i think even the most harshest music critic would smile at the the killer sh*t that was playing through the speakers...........rapturous........

well, thats about it ...........this is one of, if not the BEST!!!! film of the year.......and  one last thing.......i am just kidding about this review, i never saw it ...honestly this films looks stupid...........

Sleuth

Wow, Neon completely convinced me to go see this RIGHT NOW without even reading his entire post!
I like to hug dogs

modage

Quote from: MacGuffinThe Los Angeles Times (Kevin Thomas) actually gave this a positive review.
lets just say i had a friend who saw the movie because he got a free pass in his Batman: Animated Series DVD and he said it made him look back fondly on the days of nipples on the batsuit.  after viewing catwoman he longed for the subtle nuanced performance of arnold schwarzenegger as victor freeze.  he called it 'a movie so bad he cant believe that akiva goldsman didnt write it'.  and that it 'made batman & robin look like batman returns'.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Peek-a-boo Kevin Smith on mod-age's avatar =  :yabbse-thumbup:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

ugh, i just want to post a quick message that i will never see this piece of shit ever in my life and that i will die a happy man at least for that decision. also that NEON has lost his friggin mind, unless he was being sarcastic/ironic and i missed it cos i didn't read the whole thing on account of being made ill by it.
under the paving stones.

Pas

Quote from: NEON MERCURY...b/c at times when she "transformed" into the cat..i almost though she [iwas[/i] a cat..she nailed down every nuance of feline behavior....the way she walked, sniffed, pissed, ate, and even when she took a sh*t, she even remeberd to cover it up with kitty litter... :P ..........oh!!!!! i got to let you guys know that even the way she talked was awesome....like, when i was younger and use to play w/ my kitties i use to stare at them and pretend that i knew what they were saying to me ....like "talking"..... i know this sounds rather ghey....but the part in the trailer when berry rasps..."cat got your tongue?"..i freaked!!!!.it was just how i imagined the way my kittens would talk to me...........

.everything looked so real....it was the most accurate and true looking CGI i have ever witnessed.......even during some parts of the film i would have to rub butter from my popcorn into my eyes to make sure it was real.......beautiful.............

Hahaha hilarious

MacGuffin

Quote from: Pubrickalso that NEON has lost his friggin mind, unless he was being sarcastic/ironic and i missed it cos i didn't read the whole thing on account of being made ill by it.

Read the whole thing.

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Pubrickalso that NEON has lost his friggin mind, unless he was being sarcastic/ironic and i missed it cos i didn't read the whole thing on account of being made ill by it.

Read the whole thing.

yeah, Pubrick.i was just playing 'round....... :) ...........

pas, thanks for the props my  brotha.............

Myxo

I saw a commercial for the Catwoman video game on T.V. and I noticed that the cover looked awefully white. So, I went and found the movie poster. Judge for yourself.

:?