modage

Guide, The (2004) (in production) .... Jane Whitefield
Need (2004) (in production)
Nappily Ever After (2004) (announced) .... Venus Johnson
Catwoman (2004) (pre-production) .... Patience Price/Catwoman
Robots (2005) (filming) (voice) .... Cappy
Set-Up, The (2003) (filming)
Gothika (2003) (post-production) .... Dr. Miranda Grey

personally i think that Nappily Ever After will win her her second oscar.  (the one long overdue since she was snubbed for BAPS and THE FLINSTONES).
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Sharon Stone the Female Villain in Catwoman!
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Warner Bros. Pictures has offered Sharon Stone a starring role as the female villain in Catwoman. The part would pit her against Halle Berry, who's set for the title role. Stone is expected to sign on to the film, which is being directed by French helmer Pitof.

If Stone does accept, she would play Laurel, who is both the public face of a cosmetics company as well as the brains behind an evil operation she runs with her husband.

The production also has its eye on Josh Lucas for the role of Detective Lone, Catwoman's love interest.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Benjamin Bratt Joins Catwoman Cast
Source: The Hollywood Reporter, Variety

Benjamin Bratt will play Halle Berry's love interest in Catwoman, the Warner Bros. adaptation of the DC Comics character. The film begins shooting September 29 with French director Pitof at the helm.

The movie, set in Lake City, is the story of Patience Price (Berry), a veterinary scientist who takes on the identity of Catwoman in her fight against the evil plots of the cosmetics company for which she works. The firm is a front for the criminal exploits of the husband and wife team that run it.

Bratt will play Detective Tom Lone, who falls in love with Price. Also on board are Sharon Stone as Laurel, the villainous cosmetics magnate, and French actor Lambert Wilson (The Matrix Reloaded) as Georges, her evil husband.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

Halle Berry as Catwoman. Gay. Give me Michelle back.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

coffeebeetle

Quote from: SoNowThenHalle Berry as Catwoman. Gay. Give me Michelle back.

Amen brother.
http://www.allmovieportal.com/o/pfieffer/mp67.htm
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Banky

Apocalypse Now

I hope this was a joke.  It was in Time magazine though.

Ghostboy

Ehhh. That costume could work onscreen, but I really don't give a damn either way. The plot of the movie sounds so laboriously awful that I'd rather just not think about this being made.

Cecil

Raikus

Talk about devolving comic based movies to the days of The Punisher and Captain America...

Who greenlights this shit?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

oakmanc234

I'm in shock how godawful that costume is. Looks more like The Gimp from 'Pulp'. Seriously, what the fuck!
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Banky

More Catwoman pics Sep. 30, 2003

Source: The Sun  by: Mike Sampson

When I saw the first released image of the costume from CATWOMAN I groaned, kinda laughed and then shook my head in disbelief. How could such an awful decision be made? And I don't mean the costume, I mean releasing such an obviously awful photo of an obviously awful costume to one of the largest publications (Time Magazine) in the US. The argument in defense of the costume was that it's early and it was just a test shot. Fine! Don't release the picture and get all the fans worked up into a frenzy. Boy what a way to build bad buzz early. I have seen some crazy looking things in my life but that Catwoman costume...that might take the cake. My favorite part was the comments by Halle Berry to accompany the shot. She said the costume was "very urban, very downtown." Isn't this the woman who was vocally upset by the look of Storm in the first X-MEN? Did she not look at herself in the mirror?

At this point, I just have to think that the studio is kidding with us. They're all sitting around the offices laughing their asses off going, "They actually think we'd greenlight a movie with this cosutme! HAHAHA!" I mean this is the studio that was smart enough to cast Christian Bale in BATMAN right? They couldn't possibly let this costume slide. Could they? I'm hoping it's some cruel joke and as some evidence, here are some more shots from the Vancouver set. The final shot is Berry in her Catwoman costume that strangely looks nothing like the one in Time. It's more Pfieffer-esque. So if you were just foolin with us WB...now's the time to fess up and come forward. Or at least release a better shot...

go to www.joblo.com for the pics

Duck Sauce

What a fuck up of a costume. Thats not a comicbook costume, that is something Britney Spears would wear to the VMAs with a mask attached. There goes this movie..... too bad too, the one in Batman Returns was so well done.....

i wanted ashley judd

Find Your Magali

Is somebody going to start an "Orson Welles' Catwoman" thread, or is it up to me?  :wink:

modage

Catwoman: A scoop on the Halle Berry flick hit the other day on "The Daivd Letterman Show" of all places. Whilst talking with Dave, Berry spoke a little about the role and more importantly how it fits into the context of the other Catwoman/Batman universe. First up its confirmed there's no special 'powers' for the character: "She can fight. She fights like a cat. You know, she doesn't have anything super-human, y'know? But she can do anything a healthy good tiger can do...she can do". The origin? "Well, she dies, like all the other Cat-Women...she dies and is reborn a Cat-Woman. But what's interesting about the take on this movie, is that we're not saying that my version of Catwoman is the only Catwoman...She is one of an army (of what we believe) of nine Cat-Women, so we leave room for Eartha Kitt, who was a great Catwoman, and Michelle Pfeifer, who was another awesome Catwoman. And I'm just another Catwoman, because we believe that there are nine".

umm correct me if i'm wrong, but "all other catwomen" dont die and get  re-born.  what the hell is she rambling on about?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Cecil