Catwoman

Started by MacGuffin, February 05, 2003, 10:00:43 AM

Pubrick

am i the only one completely put off by halle berry?

also am i the only one who notices that every time she is "acting" she's thinking " i'm black i'm black i'm black i'm black i'm black i'm black i'm black i'm black i'm black i'm black i'm black i'm black i'm black i'm black i'm black i'm black i'm black i'm black i'm black i'm black i'm black i'm black i'm black ".

it puts me off. and she's plain looking. god i wish her 15minutes were over.
under the paving stones.

modage

Quote from: Pam i the only one completely put off by halle berry?
no.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

I loved her in Monster's Ball. Then she won her Oscar. Now I groan when I see her, hear her name, or hear that she's signed onto a new movie from the director of A Perfect Score or Radio (which she has, but I can never keep either of those Tollins/Robbins guys straight).

cine

Quote from: GhostboyI loved her in Monster's Ball. Then she won her Oscar.
I agree. Her MB performance wasn't overrated, but she is.

modage

CAUTION: ONLY SUGGESTED FOR ANYONE WHO RECENTLY INGESTED POISON AND NEEDS TO VOMIT QUICK!!!

http://www.hallemariaberry.com/video2004.html
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Banky

this is gonna be her gigli

modage

Banky, how was Jersey Girl!??!

edison

Quote from: Bankythis is gonna be her gigli

More like her end of her career

Raikus

I really think there should be some "Public Veto" system for Hollywood movies. Like, at the beginning of every year, they post their summaries for each and the public gets to vote out two or three for the year.

Maybe then we wouldn't have films like "You Got Served," "Kangaroo Jack" and... ultimately "Catwoman."
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Quote from: The Stalwart PeonI really think there should be some "Public Veto" system for Hollywood movies. Like, at the beginning of every year, they post their summaries for each and the public gets to vote out two or three for the year.

Maybe then we wouldn't have films like "You Got Served," "Kangaroo Jack" and... ultimately "Catwoman."

Nah, didn't the first two debut at number 1?  It would probably be "those depressing French films" that get voted out.

modage

we should just move this whole thread into the WHY GOD WHY?! FILMS THAT SHOULD NOT GET THE GREENLIGHT.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Halle Berry files for divorce

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Actress Halle Berry has filed for divorce from her husband, R&B singer Eric Benet, a spokeswoman said.

Publicist Karen Samfilippo confirmed the filing Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court but declined to comment.

The couple were married about three years and separated in October. This is the second divorce for the actress, who was previously married to former baseball outfielder David Justice.

Tabloids speculated about Benet's faithfulness from nearly the moment the "X-Men" star married Benet in January 2001.

The two met in 1999 at a party to celebrate the premiere of Berry's HBO movie "Introducing Dorothy Dandridge," about the first black woman nominated for a best-actress Oscar with 1954's "Carmen Jones."

Berry won a Golden Globe and an Emmy for the Dandridge role. She then became the first black woman to win a best-actress Oscar for her work in 2001's "Monster's Ball."

Benet has a young daughter, India, from a previous relationship with a girlfriend who was killed in car crash 15 months after the girl was born.

His first album, "True to Myself," was released in 1996. He has had such hits as "Spend My Life With You" and "Love Don't Love Me."

Pubrick

i only hav one thing to say about those posters.. JUMP ALREADY
under the paving stones.