The Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King

Started by modage, June 30, 2003, 12:10:57 PM

Banky

kotte

That's a GREAT trailer. If you don't get excited by that you're stone cold.

Raikus

Someone posed an interesting question on another site and I was wondering if anyone had the answer.

Spoilers, naturally:

At the end or ROTK, Aragorn becomes King of Gondor, but what of Rohan? I'm sure some appendix in the books cleared this up, but I haven't read them in over a decade. Does Eomer become king? Does Eowyn still retain possession of the kingdom since Theoden told her to rule? Do Eowyn and Foromir hook up and become King and Queen of Rohan (she looked happy with him)?

Or does the kingdom of Rohan sail off while the peoples of Gondor weep like little bitches?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Sleuth

Quote from: Banky

one trailer to rule them all

That makes me want to spend all of my money
I like to hug dogs

brockly

Quote from: Banky

one trailer to rule them all

Goddamn! I CAN'T WAIT to see this. 4 more days :(

Secret to Box-Office Success = cast Hugo Weaving.

rustinglass

SPOILERS

I'm not sure but I think that eowyn marries faramir. But I don't remember if they become the king and queen of rohan
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

phil marlowe

Quote from: rustinglassSPOILERS

I'm not sure but I think that eowyn marries faramir. But I don't remember if they become the king and queen of rohan
they DO hook up and they DO become king and queen of rohan.

Thecowgoooesmooo

***Spoilers***

Im not a big fan of the trilogy and the mythology, just not my type. But I saw Return of the Kings, and visually it is amazing.

My favorite part of the entire film....

When the wacky king sends his son and the soldiers on horseback into a hail of arrow fire. All the while, merry or pippin, whichever one it was, is singing in the background. AND at the same time, the king is seen eating the meat, crunching into the flesh, and blood from the meat dripping down his chin.

Anybody catch the symbolism in this scene? Genius, because the flesh being eaten and chewed symbolizes the carnage that is happening on the battlefield, (which we never see). Also it helps keep this film a PG-13 movie heh..

chris

bonanzataz

yes. yes yes yes. FUCK YEAH! OH SHIT man that shit was FUCKING AWESOME!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

russiasusha

Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

Gamblour.

Quote from: russiasushaBest eating scene ever!!!

Second only to Basic Instinct.
WWPTAD?

bonanzataz

i was actually referring to the whole movie, but whatever.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

NEON MERCURY

..saw this a seconnd time.....which makes this the only the second time i have done this ...the other was Congo..of all films....but anyway it still solid......and hold up well....and like kotte said earlier i/we need those endings or else we've been cheated.......

SHAFTR

I finally saw this.  I enjoyed it much more than Two Towers, but I might ilke Fellowship better.

I certainly didn't hold the film in such high regard as some here do but It would make my top 10 (not top 5) for the year.  It had it's moments but I didn't really feel as moved during it as I have in other films this year.  I wouldn't be upset if it won Best Picture, but it wouldn't be my pick.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"