The Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King

Started by modage, June 30, 2003, 12:10:57 PM

Ghostboy

Of all the scenes in both extended editions we've seen so far, I don't understand why those scenes were cut out. They make both Fellowship and Return Of The King stronger pieces, not to mention The Two Towers itself.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: GhostboyOf all the scenes in both extended editions we've seen so far, I don't understand why those scenes were cut out. They make both Fellowship and Return Of The King stronger pieces, not to mention The Two Towers itself.

correct!!!!

.....good point about FOTR....when you wath it post TTT:EE...you think of Boramir on a new level that 's beniicial ..and feel more deeply about his fate....i thought when watching the TTT theatrical that Faromir character was "stupid"(i guess)..but just the added addition of those scenes ...changed my mind....and has really gotten me psyched up about his character in ROTK....

TheVoiceOfNick

Well, it may be "better", but i'm cool with just seeing the theatrical versions... the way things were wrapped up in Return of the King was very Magnolia-esque...

kotte

A funny thing I read in the latest issue of Empire. John Rhys said something about how certain he is that a studio is going to want to remake The Lord of The Rings before he dies.

What if this happens? What the fuck if this happens?

EDIT: Just watched the behind the scenes on the TTT ext. Richard Taylor. Is that the most annoying voice ever?

Redlum

Quote from: kotte

EDIT: Just watched the behind the scenes on the TTT ext. Richard Taylor. Is that the most annoying voice ever?

But he makes everything sound so fantabulous.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Gamblour.

Quote from: kotte

No, the most annoying voices on the dvd were Elijah Wood and Sean Astin on the Cast commentary, I mean I think they're nice guys, but they need to learn to shut the fuck up and stop sucking each other off. I couldn't stand listening to them speak on the commentary, using really boastful, romantic language, they sound like they're trying really hard to sound smart. My favorite part is when Elijah is like, "You know, I think the ring has like a symbolism about power and evil..." I laughed my ass off. The ring represents power and evil? Wow, what an amazing, hard-to-see insight.

And besides, they kept talking over Andy Serkis, who, after watching the making of the Long and Short of it (which the short itself sucked), is a fucking funny, smart guy, but he couldn't get a word in.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

Quote from: kotteEDIT: Just watched the behind the scenes on the TTT ext. Richard Taylor. Is that the most annoying voice ever?

Was it more annoying than the stunt woman who didn't know who Errol Flynn was?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Just Withnail

Quote from: kotteJust watched the behind the scenes on the TTT ext. Richard Taylor. Is that the most annoying voice ever?

Mark Ordesky qualifies.

Banky

on the Felowship DVD, I dont know who it is but on the designer track, that is the most annoying voice to listen to.

Gamblour.

Quote from: Withnail
Mark Ordesky qualifies.

OOOHHH! We got a winna!
WWPTAD?

kotte

Quote from: Gamblor du Jour
Quote from: Withnail
Mark Ordesky qualifies.

OOOHHH! We got a winna!

I think it's a tie between him and Taylor.

Find Your Magali

No, the most annoying voices on the dvd were Elijah Wood and Sean Astin on the Cast commentary, I mean I think they're nice guys, but they need to learn to shut the fuck up and stop sucking each other off. I couldn't stand listening to them speak on the commentary, using really boastful, romantic language, they sound like they're trying really hard to sound smart. My favorite part is when Elijah is like, "You know, I think the ring has like a symbolism about power and evil..." I laughed my ass off. The ring represents power and evil? Wow, what an amazing, hard-to-see insight.

And besides, they kept talking over Andy Serkis, who, after watching the making of the Long and Short of it (which the short itself sucked), is a fucking funny, smart guy, but he couldn't get a word in.

Fully agree. Astin and Wood needed to pipe down. They might as well just have let Boyd and Monaghan riff on the whole movie.

Bernard Hill, the dreamy Miranda Otto and Brad Dourif told some good stories, but Bloom and Rhys-Davies were kind of dry. And it really seemed wrong not to have Viggo and Ian on there.

BTW, one of my favorite moments on the behind-the-scenes stuff is the look on the faces of Wood and Serkis after Astin stomps off the set when Serkis accidentally tears his wig off.

NEON MERCURY

the Long and Short of it (which the short itself sucked).

..... :shock: ..WTF???????.that was guerilla filmaking at it's Zenith......

Gamblour.

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
the Long and Short of it (which the short itself sucked).

..... :shock: ..WTF???????.that was guerilla filmaking at it's Zenith......

Guerilla...having some of the most experienced, talented professionals at your disposal at the site of the biggest trilogy of all time with any equipment you'd want...really guerilla.
WWPTAD?

Ghostboy

I haven't seen the short, but I've always thought Guerilla Shooting was more about how you did it, rather than who or what you used to do it.