Started by MacGuffin, July 16, 2003, 09:40:47 AM

Sleuth

the last shot really stuck with me, it's so intense feeling
I like to hug dogs

Banky

the TCM:next generation was great fucking cinema

can anyone find any early reviews?

Ghostboy

Head over to AICN, they've had several (mostly positive) reviews in the past few months.

I remember those Gear photos well. She later apologized for them, but I'll bet she was just sayin' that because her publicist made her.

TCM: The Next Generation really disappointed me a lot. I thought it was pretty awful.

Cecil

Banky

Quote from: GhostboyHead over to AICN, they've had several (mostly positive) reviews in the past few months..

thanks

Quote from: GhostboyI remember those Gear photos well. She later apologized for them, but I'll bet she was just sayin' that because her publicist made her. .

i just found them and i was kinda shocked to see topless.  How did she apologize for them?

Quote from: GhostboyTCM: The Next Generation really disappointed me a lot. I thought it was pretty awful.

yeah it was god awful.  I saw it the other morning at like 8 on one of the multiple HBO's.  Its funny that Zellwegger and M.M. got really popular right after that film.  Zellwegger did Jerry Maguire the next year.  What the fuck were they thinking having a drag leather face.

Cecil

well leatherface is kinda in drag in the original as well. i think hes wearing a girly apron at the diner scene, right? it went farther (putting on makeup) but they cut that scene out

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffinI never found the original very scary at all, and this was back when I was still sensitive to 'slasher' violence. First saw it many years back and had always been told that it was very scary, right up there with "Exorcist". Well, I finally worked up the courage to watch it, and wasn't scared at all. In fact, it takes a while for the kids to get to the house and get the gore going. I found it more creepy than anything. I'm not knocking it, I do like it and I will agree that it is a horror classic (the low budget gave a great sense of documentary to it since it's based on a true story) and don't really see a point for a remake (other than money), but I didn't think it was one of the 'scariest' movies ever made.

..MacGuffin..
i didn't see this film until ...like last year  it really freaked me out i guess i can see ihow it's not scary but like cecil noted that its INSANe  its one f those films that get sundr your skin i thought i had to immediately watch something lite-hearted to get the sick feeeling out of my stomach..its films lke this an the exorcist that freak me out hte mostr b/c they seem real and "could happen to anyone"..kind of thing and not like jeepers creepers or child play. of ghoulies .....and i agreee w/ tremolosloth the final image is unerving............................

edison

Quote from: Cecilshes not taking a crap. youre just preojecting your own fantasies onto it

and the original tcm is a fucking masterpiece

oh yes, my fantasy is watching a girl take a crap :roll:

and the original is not a masterpiece, but its pretty damn good, wish i could have seen it when it first came out.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: EEz28
Quote from: Cecilshes not taking a crap. youre just preojecting your own fantasies onto it

and the original tcm is a fucking masterpiece

oh yes, my fantasy is watching a girl take a crap :roll:

and the original is not a masterpiece, but its pretty damn good, wish i could have seen it when it first came out.

..I agree w/Cecil..it is amasterpiece of horror

there may be a thread about this already but to give you guys an ideas by whats "scary" to me here are my top 5

5.0  event horizon
4.0  mothman prophecies
3.0  shining
2.0  texas chainsaw
1.0 exorcist......

stalllove

boring.
not scary.

sorry. sorry.

i'll stop. :cry:

Banky

so you saw it ?  I just saw a tv spot and was about to bring this Thread back to light.

stalllove

yeah i just got home.

I was really stoked about it to. o.well.
kill bill was good enough for the both of them.

it's nothing like the old one. It's not even a remake.

sorry. :cry:

MacGuffin

Marcus Nispel Helming The Expendables
Source: Variety

Marcus Nispel, whose feature directing debut The Texas Chainsaw Massacre opens tomorrow, is in talks to take on The Expendables for Warner Bros. Pictures. He will develop the action project with an eye to direct.

The film's plot is inspired by a real-life program at California's Chino prison in which convicts are taught diving skills that can provide them with lucrative salvage and ship-repair careers following their parole.

"Expendables" was originated by writer Scott Smith (The Score) and rewritten by Scott Rosenberg (Gone in Sixty Seconds).
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

stalllove

So, like i said.
Saw it tuesday. Some media thing and radio thing. WEAK. really, i really really, really wanted it to be good. Nope. WEAK.
thanks.
:wink: