Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith

Started by modage, June 24, 2003, 06:14:37 PM

Ghostboy

Quote from: hacksparrowLucas would have been smart to grab him to write the prequels.

He tried; Kasdan said no. I think he tried to get Carrie Fisher, too. But at least he's got Tom Stoppard on this last one, though. That's a good sign.

Just Withnail

Stoppard?! No shit, never heard. Staying spoiler-free for Episode III has put me out of touch with Star Wars news. Are you shure, he isn't credited at imdb? At one point, early in the game, Frank Darabont was supposedly writing Ep I. Lucas went on to write two drafts of the script himself, and asked Darabont to comment on the Episode I second draft, who then told him not to change a word.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Pubrickstoppard needs the work.

His work on Empire of the Sun is underrated, IMHO.  Stoppard could probably knock off a Star Wars flick in his sleep.  I hope that rumor is true.

Ghostboy

Revenge Of The Sith is the new title. Going back to the basics. Nice symmetry with the whole sextet. I'm not hyped up. Not hyped up at all.

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Myxo

I donno. I can't abandon all hope just yet. How bad can it possibly be? This third portion of the trilogy is perhaps the darkest of all six so far. How much can George Lucas possibly pander to teenagers? This will be the best of the prequels.

Will it be a good film?

We'll find out next year.

:-D

MacGuffin

Quote from: GhostboyRevenge Of The Sith is the new title. Going back to the basics. Nice symmetry with the whole sextet.

Remember when the original was supposed to be called Revenge Of The Jedi? Even some posters leaked out with that title. Until Lucas changed it to Return, saying that Jedis don't seek revenge. The Sith apparently do.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

Yeah, my aunt and uncle have one of the original one-sheets that says Revenge on it. I'm hoping they bequeath it to me in their will.

By the way, in case there was any confusion about it, I am in fact quite hyped. Just seeing the text in that red wrap-around box, Jedi style, got my inner fanboy geeking out.

rustinglass

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

mogwai

those scenes will have blue screens because lucas and co were busy with the thx 1138 and ol trilogy dvd's.

Just Withnail

I turn into a fucking kid again everytime I get updates like these.

MacGuffin

Lucas To Make 'Star Wars' Sequels?

Star Wars creator George Lucas could be poised to make three sequels to the original space opera trilogy, according to insiders at Lucasfilm. According to fan site Theforce.Net, employees at Lucas's company Industrial Light And Magic (ILM) have all been made to sign non-disclosure agreements to promise not to talk about the possibility of episode's seven, eight and nine being made. Now industry insiders are predicting the American Graffiti director will make the follow-ups, which pick up where 1983's Return Of The Jedi left off, despite insisting he would never be lured into filming them. A posting on the site says, "You didn't hear this from me, but you might be curious as to why everyone at ILM just signed NDA's saying that they will not discuss Star Wars episodes 7, 8, or 9. Since they're not being made, why the NDA's? Of course, since when has Lucas been consistent?"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

diggler

hopefully lucas dies before those get off the ground.  and is it true that the original trilogy is being released on dvd only as the special editions and not the original cuts?
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty