Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith

Started by modage, June 24, 2003, 06:14:37 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Or if you want to quote someone without using the quote button...

[quote="author"]what they wrote[/quote]

MacGuffin

'Star Wars' Fan Already in Line for 'Episode III'

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Jeff Twieden's New Year's resolution: Be the first in line for "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith."

The Seattle resident has already camped out in front of the city's Cinerama Theater in downtown for the final installment of George Lucas' sci-fi series, which won't open for another 22 weeks, report news sources.

"Episode III" is set two years into the Clone Wars, when Chancellor Palpatine, with the help of his clone army and Sith Warriors, prepares to rid the galaxy of the Jedis in order to declare himself Emperor of the Galactic Empire. The film sets up the mysterious circumstances in which 1977's "Episode IV" begins, namely: Anakin's capitulation to the dark side to become Darth Vader and the birth -- and subsequent separation -- of twins Leia Organa and Luke Skywalker.

Twieden, who was also first in line for 1999's "Episode I: The Phantom Menace," is the most excited about seeing his favorite helmeted villain.

"Vader, baby. Vader," he says. "We all want to see Vader kick some ass."

Although Twieden has settled in with two sleeping bags -- with another on the way -- he's not opposed to moving if it turns out the Cinerama isn't playing "Episode III."

"If it isn't, I'll be more than happy to move to a different theater. It's really about the wait," he says. "'Star Wars' is about independence and freedom, and that's really what this wait is about. That complete and utter independence."

Adds Twieden, "A lot of people say 'Get a life,' stuff like that. But I'm having the time of my life out here."

The final installment of the sci-fi prequel trilogy hits theaters in a galaxy not so far away on Thursday, May 19.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

matt35mm

Quote from: Bethiewow. what a [jobless] geek.
I wish I was able to have the time to do that.  I wouldn't do that, but I wish I had that amount of free time.

lamas

SPOILER

apparently, this is the opening crawl from Ep. III along with the others.  source is starwars.com

Jeremy Blackman

They don't actually have a character called General Grievous, do they?

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanThey don't actually have a character called General Grievous, do they?
Let's hope not.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pwaybloe

Mmm hmm hmm hmm....

The ladies in my avatar seem to enjoy it.

Redlum

Original Trilogy on its way?

Why is the technology of the prequels more advanced than that of New Hope, Empire and Jedi? Is it proof of CG madness over consistency or is there a plot element to back it up?
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

That General Grievous almost looks cool.

But I think we all know IG-88 could whip his ass on a bad day.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

RegularKarate

Quote from: ®edlum
Why is the technology of the prequels more advanced than that of New Hope, Empire and Jedi? Is it proof of CG madness over consistency or is there a plot element to back it up?

not to be a prequel bitch, but the technology isn't more advanced.

During the time of the first one and a half prequels, design was very important and everything was built with an artistic touch.  Craftsmanship and artistry were at their best.  It was a time of peace, and for a good deal of the galaxy, money.  Once the empire started to take over, a time of war was approaching and money had to be conserved and weapons and vehicles had to be built with a more cost-efficient, militaristic eye.

You can see this starting to happen towards the end of the second prequel and the new one will surely complete the circle.

from a design standpoint, the prequels are very well thought out and respectable.

From almost every other standpoint, the prequels are shit.

Myxo

Yoda never should have been anything but a puppet.

I think that single character sums up the Star Wars prequels better than anything else which could be said. Lucas took a loved character with a wonderful look and replaced him with 1000 different computer animated facial features which totally rob him of his essence.

..and that is what Lucas has done to Star Wars for me. He's tried to fix something that isn't broke. I can understand a few technological updates, but these new movies are bogged down with effects and absolutely horrid dialogue. No amount of effects can overcome a shitty script.

I'll still go see Revenge of the Sith on opening day, and that's all George Lucas cares about. I've got a similar theory with the Matrix trilogy. Who believes that had Warner Bros. allowed the Wachowski brothers to make all three films at once (as Peter Jackson did) that they would have been incredible? Give them a budget equal to the cost of the original Matrix x 3 and see what risks they are willing to take with the story.

Ghostboy

Quote from: MyxomatosisYoda never should have been anything but a puppet.

But...but...the puppet in Phantom Menace sucked!

Dtm115300

I wonder how he will explane how Obi-wan doesn't remeber the droids in A New Hope.

tpfkabi

I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.