Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith

Started by modage, June 24, 2003, 06:14:37 PM

Finn

Star Wars fans will be jumping up and down to hear that. :multi:
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Just Withnail

Just saw it! Not as great as I'd hoped, but it got my blood pumping anyway.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

meatball

* teaser spoilers *

Is Darth completely CG?

I wasn't going to see this until I saw the huge Wookiee army. That completely rekindled my childhood geek-love for Star Wars.

Just Withnail

Nope, he's not CG at all. Funny how fake even the real stuff looks...

Ghostboy

That really didn't get me excited the way the Episode 1 and II trailers did. But the wookies were totally awesome -- I mean seriously, an army of wookies is so cool -- and it was great to see the Tantiv IV occupied once more by the droids.

Sleuth

Cool man, this movie's gonna be like dark, that's my favourite genre
I like to hug dogs

Stefen

That trailer wasnt very good. But the episode 1 and 2 teasers were AWESOME! And those movies sucked, so maybe since episode 3's trailer isnt very good the movie will be okay.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

I was skeptical about this specific trilogy when I first heard about it, and I was kinda let down by Episodes 1 and 2 but after the trailer I am really looking forward to it even though I was pretty intrigued already about Episode 3, so count me in.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

modage

i'm going to wait till tomorrow to watch it in the theatre for the first time because watching these damn things on your computer for the first time can really take the 'event' ness out of it and lessen the impact.  it is taking quite a bit of willpower to stay away though.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

Okay, DEFINITELY wait to see it on the big screen, which I just saw it on along with The Incredibles. It certainly has more impact and the CGI looks better too (at least better than the whatever-res trailer Mac linked to above). The first half is awesome, but it's all stuff we've seen before. The trailer still isn't very good overall --- the second half is badly cut -- just an assortment of images that are supposed to be cool -- and the sound mixing is incredibly sloppy. And the shot of Darth just isn't that great. I hope it's not like that in the movie. Anyway, I still think Episode III will kick ass and subscribe to Stephen's theory above.

lamas

rustinglass

I hope the dialogue is average at least. The other films had very very annoying speeches.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

RegularKarate

Yoda should stay still... the badass ninja Yoda thing was mildly fun in Clones, but it died before the second viewing.

What I DO like in the prequels (trying to look on the bright side) is the design.  The way they have brought the look of Phantom Menace (shiny metal, bright colors, sleek shapes) to the look of New Hope (busted) is great and from the trailer, it's evident that the flow of the design from Ep. One to Ep. Four is smooth.  It makes sense.

I want them to fill in all the plot holes with this one... C3PO will have to lose his memory.

Just Withnail

I'm not really worrying. My hopes are severly lowered, or at least not anywhere near the levels they reached before Ep. I and II, so I'm almost guaranteed (fuck, that right there, is a sign of them beginning to rise...) Right now, though, I keep thinking the only thing that trailer gave me was a tease of bad CGI. Ghostboy said it looked better on the bigscreen, and I hope so, just wish we'd gotten a longer teaser with dialogue and more impressing visuals, instead of this. That look on Portman's face as she turns, though, is enough to at least ensure that her acting has improved last time around.