Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith

Started by modage, June 24, 2003, 06:14:37 PM

Pubrick

as i understand it, this is just a teaser (the best kind of trailers). so i wouldn't worry.. u'll get ur long, boring, spoilerful trailer eventually.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Remember the Episode I teaser? It was so mysterious. There wasn't half the spoilage.

Stefen

The episode 1 teaser was awesome. I was 14 when I saw it and it was great. I was dating this girl and living at her house and dragged her to see the waterboy so we could see it on the big screen. It was so much better than the real trailer. Teasers rule.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Alethia

well i dont remember the episode one teaser but i definitely remember pooping my pants when the episode two teaser played before monsters inc. some years back...everybody cheered when it ended.  i hold the teasers in higher regard than the films themselves.  the prequels, that is.

Just Withnail

I don't want spoilage. I ruined the virgin-viewings of the other two prequels that way. I just want some snippets of dialogue, screenshots that don't contain bad CG, and chill inducing music.

Alethia

Gamblour.

What the fuck is up with the horrible ending of the music? Is it just the quality of that teaser or is it that bad? Sounds like the orchestra dropped their instruments...

And fuck the graphics look like shit...again, maybe the trailer, but I saw several references in there: Star Craft, Final Fantasy VII, Sky Captain....I almost have to think Lucas wanted to rip off some of those cut-scenes.
WWPTAD?

meatball

Quote from: Gamblor geht weg.And fuck the graphics look like shit...again, maybe the trailer, but I saw several references in there: Star Craft, Final Fantasy VII, Sky Captain....I almost have to think Lucas wanted to rip off some of those cut-scenes.

I doubt they're deliberate references...

Lucas: Hey Bob, put a little more Star Craft into that, would you?
Bob: Yes, sir.

You only noticed similarities with all those things because you're a geek.  :wink: I don't think anybody else really saw it.

Gamblour.

I was being sarcastic, sorry, sometimes I trick even myself.

But seriously, has anyone not noticed the horrible music at the very end?
WWPTAD?

Dtm115300

Yeah i agree that the editing was not great. The end with the music just cutting out was pretty terrible. Idk about the CGI though. The space battles looked pretty good to me. I don't really know anything about Star Craft, Final Fantasy, or Sky Captain so i can't juge.

I think the prequels aren't that bad. It can't live up to the first 3 but they're fun to watch.

socketlevel

Quote from: Dtm115300I think the prequels aren't that bad. It can't live up to the first 3 but they're fun to watch.

i agree, if i was the same age now as when i saw the original three i probably would like them a lot more.  don't get me wrong, the original three are still better but i can't help but think i'm a little to analytical when it comes to the new ones.

mind you, the acting sucks in the original trilogy,  so maybe they're even a little over hyped.  not including a couple characters.  problem is they don't have a han solo character in the new ones.  they need a smart-ass/witty character so the audience can identify with the story.

I think it was also a unique vision then, and no one has really done that since.  so it's retread to that.  we need someone to come up with a universe now.  i think it might be impossible to do now.  and the matrix doesn't count, that's not unique.  just cyber-punk gibson rip offs.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

diggler

Quoteproblem is they don't have a han solo character in the new ones. they need a smart-ass/witty character so the audience can identify with the story.

i totally agree. han was definitely who the audience identified with, someone to sit back and remind the characters how full of shit they are. without him the prequels drown in their own self indulgence.

....sorry i'm new at quoting.. didn't know how to cite who said it
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

MacGuffin

Quote from: ddiggler6280....sorry i'm new at quoting.. didn't know how to cite who said it

On the right hand side of the page is a button. Click on that button for the post whose quote you want to use in your post. Like I did above to reply to you.

You can also use the too to edit your own posts.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: ddiggler6280....sorry i'm new at quoting.. didn't know how to cite who said it

On the right hand side of the page is a button. Click on that button for the post whose quote you want to use in your post. Like I did above to reply to you.

You can also use the too to edit your own posts.
This has been another lesson in xixax 101. Come back next time to find out how to use the search function.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection