I Heart Huckabees

Started by MacGuffin, February 15, 2004, 10:47:22 PM

The Red Vine

It's been deleted again.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

I Don't Believe in Beatles

"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

tpfkabi

wow.
is there Clooney fistfight footage?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

©brad

he's an asshole. talented sure, but what he did in that first video is inexcusable. people losing their temper is one thing, but calling someone "a fucking cunt" over and over again, throwing props and furniture... if i were the studio head i would've fired his ass.

picolas

this is disgusting. it's not even an intelligible flip-out. it serves no purpose other than to show that he can yell very loudly and throw props and scare that one person. the way he awkwardly assaults the lamp shows it's pure, attention-seeking crap. there's an odd justice in its leaking though.

Pozer

in the beginning, he's so calm with her as she's going off.  example: "I'm trying to be patient with you."  "You're being impatient!"  "I said patient, not impatient."  then the second part shows him exploding of course.  it is odd.  and she was quite fond of him in the end, in the behind the scenes, charlie rose interview etc.

hedwig

yeah, it looks like there's a piece missing.

tomlin: i couldn't understand you. it's not the first time..
----------------  CUT  ----------------
russell: fuck you, i'm just trying to fucking help you, etc.

we need the outtakes of this outtake.

modage

yeah i'm sure its all just context.  in between those clips Tomlin raped and murdered Russells mother.  so really, its all pretty justified.  if you think about it.  now where is THAT clip!

what's funny/crazy is that this was the 2nd film she had worked with him.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

©brad

Quote from: modage on March 20, 2007, 04:43:35 PMso really, its all pretty justified.  if you think about it.

context my skinny ass. i do not see how you can justify his actions. i mean they're not curing cancer here, they're making a movie, a stupid meaningless movie. i don't care how talented you are or important you think your work is. unless she killed david o'russell's mother or set his dog on fire during that gap in the clip, it's inexcusable behavior.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

here's what it all comes down to: Lily Tomlin attitude, enough to make anyone lose it!

hedwig

Quote from: ©brad on March 20, 2007, 04:56:36 PM
Quote from: modage on March 20, 2007, 04:43:35 PMso really, its all pretty justified.  if you think about it.

context my skinny ass. i do not see how you can justify his actions. i mean they're not curing cancer here, they're making a movie, a stupid meaningless movie. i don't care how talented you are or important you think your work is. unless she killed david o'russell's mother or set his dog on fire during that gap in the clip, it's inexcusable behavior.

that's what he said:

Quote from: modage on March 20, 2007, 04:43:35 PM
yeah i'm sure its all just context.  in between those clips Tomlin raped and murdered Russells mother.  so really, its all pretty justified.  if you think about it.  now where is THAT clip!

YOU RESPONDED TO MODAGE'S POST OUT OF CONTEXT, CBRAD. HE WAS BEING SARCASTIC. SERIOUSLY FUCK YOU, I'M JUST TRYING TO FUCKING HELP YOU, YOU FUCKING BITCH. YOU CAN GO FUCK YOURSELF, YOU FUCKING CUNT

©brad

Quote from: Hedwig on March 20, 2007, 05:19:43 PM
Quote from: ©brad on March 20, 2007, 04:56:36 PM

that's what he said:

Quote from: modage on March 20, 2007, 04:43:35 PM

YOU RESPONDED TO MODAGE'S POST OUT OF CONTEXT, CBRAD. HE WAS BEING SARCASTIC. SERIOUSLY FUCK YOU, I'M JUST TRYING TO FUCKING HELP YOU, YOU FUCKING BITCH. YOU CAN GO FUCK YOURSELF, YOU FUCKING CUNT

ok now that was justified.

pete

that was some trashy fun, but whatever, they all got a great movie in the end and they were all happy in the end.  I'm sure everyone involved is way over it by this point.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

polkablues

Yeah, Lily Tomlin's made two movies with the guy, Mark Wahlberg's made two movies with the guy... apparently they can overlook the occasional shitstorm.
My house, my rules, my coffee