Cabin Fever

Started by MacGuffin, June 17, 2003, 11:01:19 AM

Pubrick

yeah u know, it was alright.

i won't hype it up cos it ain't that great, but for sum high charged fun and lotsa comical and graphic gory stuff, this is ur film.

the performances were good too, cerina vincent showed once again she's one of the few actresses still with a non-clothing clause. it was all quite funny and delivered in all required departments.. and really bizarre characters and scenes, like the cop, stole the show.
under the paving stones.

modage

cabin fever "directors cut" quicktime trailer. you might have to turn up the volume kinda loud to hear it though.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/432/432008p1.html
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleuth

that was pretty sweet, I just wish I hadn't seen that pic before I had seen the trailer
I like to hug dogs

Ghostboy

Same here. But man, they should totally put that out in theaters...that would get everyone to go see it.

I finally downloaded the full length trailer...it's okay, but they really should have gone red-band on it. There isn't even a hint of gore. Just one good shot...like in Roth's trailer...and the movie would be sold. As it is, the Texas Chainsaw Massacre trailer is much more effective than this one.

MacGuffin

SCREENINGS: Advanced Houston Screening of Cabin Fever!
Source: Lions Gate Films

Coming Soon! and Lions Gate Films have teamed up to give away tickets (each good for 2 people) for an early screening of the Eli Roth horror film Cabin Fever, starring Jordan Ladd, Rider Strong, James DeBello, Cerina Vincent, Joey Kern, Arie Verveen and Joe Adams. The screening will take place the week of September 8 in Houston (either Wednesday or Thursday).

If you live in one of the cities and would like to attend, then click here to sign-up!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Ghostboy

My short term goal was to see this before P, and I failed -- but not by too much. I just got back from watching it, and it's great. Not GREAT great, but great in a totally fun way. I can't wait to see it again.

It's not exactly scary, but it's really really gross and cringe inducing (watch out for the scene in the bathtub). It has some great homages to Evil Dead and Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Shining. Best of all, it's hilarious. The dialogue is simply brilliant. There are all these wonderful non sequiturs. I won't quote any of them because they won't make any sense out of context, but they'll have you in stitches. There's a bit with an old man --P, you know what I'm talking about -- that pays off in the end soooo well.

So all in all -- I had my hopes set really high for this movie, and I wasn't let down.

"PANCAKES!"

edison

Quote from: MacGuffinSCREENINGS: Advanced Houston Screening of Cabin Fever!

Coming Soon! and Lions Gate Films have teamed up to give away tickets (each good for 2 people) for an early screening of the Eli Roth horror film Cabin Fever, starring Jordan Ladd, Rider Strong, James DeBello, Cerina Vincent, Joey Kern, Arie Verveen and Joe Adams. The screening will take place the week of September 8 in Houston (either Wednesday or Thursday).

If you live in one of the cities and would like to attend, then click here to sign-up!

i just got my pass in the mail, is there anyone else who is gonna go to this screening also?

Ravi

Anyone know if there'll be any preview screenings in Dallas?

Sleuth

Quote from: EEz28
Quote from: MacGuffinSCREENINGS: Advanced Houston Screening of Cabin Fever!

i just got my pass in the mail, is there anyone else who is gonna go to this screening also?

I just got my pass too.
I like to hug dogs

cine

I think this can be really good or really bad. I'm crossing my fingers for the former.

Ghostboy

I saw it for a second time last night; I loved it again, but this time the theater was full and I could tell that a lot of people just didn't get it. A few people walked out. I the sense of humor is so bizarre that, if you aren't on the same wavelength, the jokes will just fall flat, leaving you either annoyed or just really grossed out at the otherwise highly unsettling proceedings.

Eli Roth was there and he was really cool; super hyper excited kinda guy, very fond of filling his sentences with as many 'fucks' as verbally possible. You could tell he loved showing the movie to audiences, and then explaining how he made it. I asked him about David Lynch's connection, and he said that Lynch volunteered his name as executive producer to help raise funds. It worked, but within a few months, people were thinking that Lynch himself was directing it. When the movie was over, Lynch loved it and told him that it was good enough to stand on its own, it didn't need his shadow over it. So his producer credit is no longer on the movie.

Banky

Quote from: GhostboyI saw it for a second time last night; I loved it again, but this time the theater was full and I could tell that a lot of people just didn't get it. A few people walked out. I the sense of humor is so bizarre that, if you aren't on the same wavelength, the jokes will just fall flat, leaving you either annoyed or just really grossed out at the otherwise highly unsettling proceedings.

Eli Roth was there and he was really cool; super hyper excited kinda guy, very fond of filling his sentences with as many 'fucks' as verbally possible. You could tell he loved showing the movie to audiences, and then explaining how he made it. I asked him about David Lynch's connection, and he said that Lynch volunteered his name as executive producer to help raise funds. It worked, but within a few months, people were thinking that Lynch himself was directing it. When the movie was over, Lynch loved it and told him that it was good enough to stand on its own, it didn't need his shadow over it. So his producer credit is no longer on the movie.

how the hell are you seeing it so many times before its release?

Ghostboy

Quote from: Banky

That's just what I do....

Banky

Quote from: Ghostboy
Quote from: Banky

That's just what I do....

you could be full of shit