Cabin Fever

Started by MacGuffin, June 17, 2003, 11:01:19 AM

Sleuth

yeah he was the skater

oh, face
I like to hug dogs

modage

wasnt he also the smiling head?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Find Your Magali

Quote from: AnachronismThe more I think about it, I really really really like this flick. I just can't remember the last time a horror movie actually captured my interest, aside from Bordello of Blood :)

Oh dear god, I forgot all about that! Dennis Miller, Corey Feldman, Erika Eleniak. ... How did that movie EVER get green-lighted? It was fun, I admit. I wish Dennis Miller had been even more over the top, since he was clearly starring in a movie that was destined to be a cult classic.

Oh and, of course, Chris Sarandon of the brilliant "Fright Night" Fame. ....

Ghostboy

The smiling head was his brother.

Banky

Quote from: AnachronismI think what Banky said about the picture hopping through genres leaving you feeling a sense of filmic vertigo is spot on, but where he discredits it and considers it a con, I think that is where the strength to the film lies.

read the pros also

its funny, i went up to visit my sister at college and she told me she saw Cabin Fever and hated it.  She said it ws awful.  But for like the next two hours she kept thinking of things that grossed her out or made her laugh.  I mean she remembered characters names and everything.  "Squirells are gay"   "Faced"   "Party Man"---i mean she was qouting left and right.  This movies seems to leave general audiences like "What the fuck was that" yet it has a certain residence in thier mind so i guess its doing something right.

edison

Finally got to see this today and i have to say i liked it. Good characters, though the odd man out guy sorta annoyed me after a bit, but once he was running from the hillbillies then he became more interesting. Best part was the whole slaughter at the cabin towards the end, really made you on your seat wondering what was gonna happen next. About the whole box thing, i dont think fat guy would be trying to open the box if hero character guy was coming after him had it contained the "cure" but why he was in fact trying to open it is beyond me, must have panicked and forgot what he was doing, but oh well he got screwed. The final line from the old store worker guy was pretty funny, but the whole sing-a-long was kinda pointless. I also totally missed out on Roth's cameo, i though i remembered reading he was the guy with the dog, but as i was reading the posts on here i dont recall seeing the skater guy, can anyone point out where in the film that was. All in all it was worth it and i look forward to seeing what Roth does next in his long line of projects.

Sleuth

The skater guy with a dog that met them at the campfire

he scared them when he first came in

he had weed

a lot of weed

Hey, why didn't you go to the free screening at Edward's Grand Palace
I like to hug dogs

edison

Quote from: tremoloslothThe skater guy with a dog that met them at the campfire

he scared them when he first came in

he had weed

a lot of weed

Hey, why didn't you go to the free screening at Edward's Grand Palace

yeah, thats they guy i pointed out to my girlfriend when he came up, but when i looked at the credits the name for Justin(wasnt that his name?) was someone else's.

I didnt go because i had to work that night, would have loved to though, oh well.

Banky

i had no idea she was the nude foreign exchange student in Not Another Teen Movie

http://www.mrskin.com/all/starbio.htm?id=03868

coffeebeetle

I would just like to say this movie was kickass.  I went to see it Thursday night (as Isabelle was bearing down on my area) and was completely satisfied with it.  Not only was it a return to the fun, cringe-inducing gross-out horror films that I thought would never be made again, it was unpredictable (as other posts astutely pointed out.) Thank God for this Eli fella!  I laughed, I cringed, and I cried (my God were those two chicks gorgeous!)
Cabin Fever: 4 stars!!!!!!!

Also, does anyone know the film's budget?
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Banky

Quote from: coffeebeetle

Also, does anyone know the film's budget?

less than a million

Cecil

anyone know who played the bunny? lynch maybe?

***beady***

I heard that P.Jackson was going on about how brilliant cabin fever was, and that it was the best horror movie ever. Hmm...
Now, I do like Bad Taste, and it is one of my fave 'bad' films, but I would never have called it a horror. I don't see how a 'bad' film can be the beste horror ever, better than The Shinning?

Banky

Quote from: ***beady***I heard that P.Jackson was going on about how brilliant cabin fever was, and that it was the best horror movie ever. Hmm...
Now, I do like Bad Taste, and it is one of my fave 'bad' films, but I would never have called it a horror. I don't see how a 'bad' film can be the beste horror ever, better than The Shinning?

i dont think that Peter Jacson said it was the best horror feilm ever

modage

what he said was...

"Brilliant! Fantastic! Horror fans have been waiting years for a movie like 'Cabin Fever.' I loved it!"
 -Peter Jackson, Director of the 'Lord of the Rings' Trilogy
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.