21 Grams

Started by NEON MERCURY, May 09, 2003, 06:41:31 PM

Ordet

Maria Eladia is AGI's wife. A few years ago they had a son who unfortunately past away when he was only a few weeks old.
I like the quote because it is not a conventional metaphor for life yet it's beautiful without being pretentious and it's simple. Cornfields bring to mind work, care, goods, a sense of hope and a poetic reality...
No matter how devastating was the fire the harvest can grow again...
were spinning

MacGuffin

From IGN.DVD:

This DVD was supposed to have two extras: 21 Grams: In Fragments and The Making of 21 Grams. However, these were removed at the last minute and all we get is a bare bones DVD. There's nothing here.

Columnist Jeffrey Wells of Movie Poop Shoot knows Inarritu and inquired what happened with the disc. Inarritu replied that he didn't have time to do proper extras for the DVD, then said:

"There will definitively be a second edition [of the 21 GRAMS DVD] with at least some making-of material and deleted scenes, along with some commentaries on them. Thanks for sharing your frustrations with me, which I completely understand."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Quote from: MacGuffin"There will definitively be a second edition [of the 21 GRAMS DVD] with at least some making-of material and deleted scenes, along with some commentaries on them. Thanks for sharing your frustrations with me, which I completely understand." [/i]
yeah, thanks a lot innaritu.  its not like you didnt know this was coming?  like, first you put it into theatres, then it comes out on dvd.  i dont see how this comes as a surprise?  if you needed a little more time for the extras you should've probably talked to focus about that, and made trying not to rip off any possible fans of your movie a higher priority than allowing focus to rush out the movie on dvd in hopes the diminished oscar buzz can get a few rentals.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

i don't know how u ppl still bought the dvd when u KNEW that there would be no extras. it's ur fault, that info was posted here before the dvd was released.
under the paving stones.

mogwai

that's why i'll wait for the region 2 release in november of 2011.

modage

Quote from: Pubricki don't know how u ppl still bought the dvd when u KNEW that there would be no extras. it's ur fault, that info was posted here before the dvd was released.
i didnt buy it, i'm waiting.  but i think filmmakers should be aware/prepared for the dvd as pt knows it is an important part of your movie.  its in the theatres for a few months, but on dvd forever, so they should put a little more thought into it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

yep, fully. but in cases where for whatever reason they slip up (tardiness, laziness, stupidity), the consumer should be aware of any possible screw-ups and well, not willingly screw themselves.

ur right tho, the director should prevent this.
under the paving stones.

meatball

cine

You should:

a) put in another movie

or

b) go outside

kotte

stupid lame question...

is this dvd SE?
http://www.loaded247.com/index.php?s=1&id=14609

I know it doesn't say but it has a making of...don't wanna buy one if there's a meaty SE DVD coming out... :?

MacGuffin

Quote from: kottedon't wanna buy one if there's a meaty SE DVD coming out... :?

Go nine posts up.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

kotte

Ok, so it is a SE disc.

It doesn't say but it has a making of...

then I know.

modage

Quote from: modage on March 27, 2004, 11:04:41 AM
Quote from: Pubricki don't know how u ppl still bought the dvd when u KNEW that there would be no extras. it's ur fault, that info was posted here before the dvd was released.
i didnt buy it, i'm waiting.  but i think filmmakers should be aware/prepared for the dvd as pt knows it is an important part of your movie.  its in the theatres for a few months, but on dvd forever, so they should put a little more thought into it.
Title: 21 Grams
Released: 3rd October 2006
SRP: $19.98

Further Details:
Universal Home Video has revealed early details on a new special edition of the critically acclaimed 21 Grams which stars Naomi Watts, Sean Penn, and Benico Del Toro. This single-disc release will be available to own from the 3rd October, and should set you back around $19.98. As before, the disc will carry a 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer, along with both English Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 Surround tracks. Universal has yet to reveal the extras - but we'll bring you further details very shortly.

fiiiiiiiiiiiiinally, jeez.  when they wait 2 years it almost seems like it wasnt planned from the beginning!

picolas

i don't regret using the 12.99 used unspecial disc for two years.

MacGuffin

Quote from: modage on May 24, 2006, 08:34:52 AMUniversal has yet to reveal the extras - but we'll bring you further details very shortly.

fiiiiiiiiiiiiinally, jeez.  when they wait 2 years it almost seems like it wasnt planned from the beginning!

2 years for a Collector's Edition and all we get is a 19 minute making-of doc that was supposed to be included on the previous release to begin with! That's it. No commentary. No deleted scenes.  :yabbse-angry:

Skeleton FilmWorks