21 Grams

Started by NEON MERCURY, May 09, 2003, 06:41:31 PM

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

MacGuffin

HaHaHa. She called Chest a "man".
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Thrindle

Quote from: MacGuffinHaHaHa. She called Chest a "man".

See Everybody: Mac understands the joke...  

There are no ouches, or harsh words... only good times.   :P

(Thinking I should stop wasting my time putting in smilies if no one's willing to pay any fucking attention  :twisted: )
Classic.

El Duderino

Quote from: Thrindle
Quote from: MacGuffinHaHaHa. She called Chest a "man".

(Thinking I should stop wasting my time putting in smilies if no one's willing to pay any fucking attention  :twisted: )

now those are harsh words
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

meatball

Are we done stroking our libidos now?

Chest Rockwell

She's just playing hard to get. That much is obvious.

tpfkabi

i finally saw this.

*SPOILERS*

are we supposed to believe that Penn slipped and shot himself in the hotel room? i just don't see the suicide motive........but if i remember correctly, doesn't Del Toro(sp?) state to someone that he shot him? (which would seem he would want to cover the shame of suicide)
or am i totally off base?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

ono

SPOILERS.

Remember, Jack wasn't in any mood to live.  He was just facing death, got a new lease on life, then was told that he had to go back to the hospital and wait again.  He didn't want to do that, and he didn't want to face a miserable death (remember, he was vomiting a lot already), so he did have plenty of motive for suicide.  It was just an odd time to decide to go out.

godardian

Quote from: meatballAre we done stroking our libidos now?

In the public "community" of this board, some of us never started... others never seem to stop.  :(  There has been a slight overall improvement. But believe me, I'll be baking a cake and bringing out the party favors the day it happens for real. Libido-stroking could be my least favorite thing about Xixax.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Chest Rockwell

What kind of behavior does libido-stroking encompass?

tpfkabi

SPOILERS

ok. that makes sense. i was thinking it was showing the first time the doctor told him about his condition, so it really confused me when he was breathing the way he did before the transplant. but now it jives. thanks.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Ordet

"A María Eladia, pues cuando ardió la pérdida, reverdecieron los maizales",

don't you love this quote as Gustavo Santaolalla's melancolic guitar comes in just before the end credits.
were spinning

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Roman Cibeles"A María Eladia, pues cuando ardió la pérdida, reverdecieron los maizales",

don't you love this quote as Gustavo Santaolalla's melancolic guitar comes in just before the end credits.

i would like it better if i knew spanish......

tranzlator pleaze

modage

To Maria Eladia, because when the loss burned, the cornfields turned green again.  

(i think, although that doesnt make any sense.)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

he's saying that good things can grow from pain.

ardio is more like stung, a feeling also associated with guilt. hence the quote is about redemption.
under the paving stones.