NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Kal

Got the XBOX 360 today... with Call of Duty 3, NBA Live 07 and Madden NFL 07.

Anybody here plays online? Anybody recommends good games? Something?

squints

So what's the song that plays during the Gears of War tv trailer?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pubrick

Quote from: squints on November 26, 2006, 02:52:37 AM
GEARS -- OF -- WAR
WHAAAT ARE THEY GOOD FOR
KEEPING THE WAR GOING
Say it again
under the paving stones.

polkablues

Quote from: squints on November 26, 2006, 02:52:37 AM

Gary Jules' cover of the Tears for Fears song "Mad World", previously featured in the motion picture Donnie Darko.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

Was that an indirect way of telling me I should get Gears of Wars??  :ponder:

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Kal

Thanks then!

I'll look into it... XBOX 360 games are way too expensive... I remember back when SNES games were super expensive, but PS2 games never surpassed the $49.99 mark. Anyways yesterday I bought Call of Duty 3 (I thought that was THE WAR GAME to get before I heard of Gears of War), NBA Live 07 just cause its NBA, and Madden NFL 07 cause I like it, plus I laugh at John Madden and remember Frank Caliendos impression of him.

Anyhow the cool thing about XBOX 360 seems to be XBOX Live and playing with other people online. I had some experience playing online games before on the computer, but this is different and seems very cool. However, someone should remind me that most of the kids playing Madden NFL online are complete ASSHOLES.

I was playing some retard who took forever to pick his plays and just the game itself was setup as 5 minute per quarter. After playing almost an hour and not even getting to half time, I got bored and offered him to 'friendly quit', and he started cursing on the microphone with his fucking 14 year old voice who obviously had nothing better to do. Fucking kid pissed me off and I disconnected the thing.

Was that you, Pubrick? 

Pubrick

Quote from: kal on November 26, 2006, 07:35:46 PM
Was that you, Pubrick? 
no, it might've been one of your illegitimate children.

man i've really started to crave a DS. i always thought it'd be great but now that it's cheaper than ever (yay for not getting shit when it comes out!) and people are still enjoying it, its longevity has been proven. it's definitely on my cheap ecksmas wishlist. it's also a fine way to make up for years of negligent parenting, kal.
under the paving stones.

i bought animal crossing yesterday . needless to say ,it's gorgeous.  fishing isn't as easy as i thought it was going to be but i'm getting used to   the stylus mode. i wanna visit villages!  anyone else has it? you, overmeunderyou?

Quote from: Pubrick on November 27, 2006, 05:36:58 AM

no, it might've been one of your illegitimate children.

man i've really started to crave a DS. i always thought it'd be great but now that it's cheaper than ever (yay for not getting shit when it comes out!) and people are still enjoying it, its longevity has been proven. it's definitely on my cheap ecksmas wishlist. it's also a fine way to make up for years of negligent parenting, kal.
YES AND YES

buy one!
on a kind of related note, i liked this website very much
http://www.toysnjoys.com/welcome.html
context, context, context.

Chest Rockwell

My mom out of nowhere bought my sister a DS for Christmas. She was gonna get some Nintendogs and Kim Possible shit with it, but I slapped some sense so instead she bought Animal Crossing. I'm going do some more Lady MacBeth on her and convince her to get MarioKart DS as well, maybe New Super Mario. Even though I'll hardly ever play with it, what else is good?

puddnanners

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on November 27, 2006, 02:42:21 PM
My mom out of nowhere bought my sister a DS for Christmas. She was gonna get some Nintendogs and Kim Possible shit with it, but I slapped some sense so instead she bought Animal Crossing. I'm going do some more Lady MacBeth on her and convince her to get MarioKart DS as well, maybe New Super Mario. Even though I'll hardly ever play with it, what else is good?

tetris DS and yoshi island DS are pretty great.  tetris is worth getting even if you have other installments of the game (some fun new modes and such, plus its fucking tetris) and yoshi island DS is a nice extension of the second best SNES game ever.  It's a long and fairly challenging game, too.

New Super Mario Bros. is very short, even if you try and get all of the star coins, but what's there is about as fine a mario game as there ever was (level design, control, music, general awesomness, etc.)  MarioKart DS is an absolute must own, incredibly challenging at times and difficult to master, even if you are a pro at other versions.  The track designs are more like those of the SNES version (flatter, with more emphasis on precise movements and hairpin turns) rather than the messier and clunkier tracks of the N64/GameCube games.  And the 150cc mode is fucking fast.  It's close to if not better than the SNES game, which in my opinion is the best SNES game.

the DS pretty much rocks.

picolas

obviously mario kart and

and i can't stress enough at the moment.

Raikus

Walmart will have a second shipment of Wiis on sale tonight at 12:01. There's a minimum of 3 per store (although the 2 stores in my area had 9 and 11 units). Online ordering is also open come midnight.

Good luck to anyone going for them.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.