I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

analogzombie

Quote from: You Never Got Me Down Ray
Quoteit was my birthday this week, seriously

Hey, me too. Well Happy Birthday and nice buys.

Thanks! and Happity Birthyday to all those as well as me, wh celevrate this past week!
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

SHAFTR

Quote from: You Never Got Me Down Ray[, Wild strawberries? Thanks.

Probably my favorite Bergman film.  I think if I were to suggest one Bergman film to someone that would be it.  I have enjoyed all the Bergman films I've seen but that is my favorite.  It's the most watchable, it's still very moving but not as painful as Cries and Whispers, as weird as Persona or as prophetic as Seventh Seal.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

penfold0101

I really can't justify the amount I'm spending on DVDs at the moment! this might have to be my last big buy for a wile!!

"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

Myxo

QuoteI really need some kind of intervention here. Today I picked up

You might wanna pace yerself here.. Sheesh.

mogwai

i bought the first for myself and the other to my pops:

hahaha, your dad's also a war film-buff?mine is.
context, context, context.

mogwai

Quote from: cronopiohahaha, your dad's also a war film-buff?mine is.
no, i don't watch as much war movies as my dad does. but we both agree that the old war movies is much better than the crap today.

Now that I think of it, everyone in my dad family likes the war genre. I'ts true ,there are some grrrrrreat old movies.
Mr. Roberts being probably my favorite.
context, context, context.

meatwad

silence of the lambs-criterion collection $6.99
massive attack- 11 promos  $5.99

ElPandaRoyal

'Ghost World' and 'Y Tu Mama Tambien', both for about 10.00€, which should be nearly the same, in dollars :)
Si

billybrown

Quote from: meatwadsilence of the lambs-criterion collection $6.99

Where so cheap? I'd have to assume they were used also.

Chest Rockwell

I never buy used DVDs. I feel so dirty when I have one.

NEON MERCURY

....i have no problem w/ buyin gused dvds......i like the fact that i can pay $12 for T-3 rather then $20......new.......basically....i like to buy the "hollywood" type films used......inless i really want it now.......

godardian

Damn, I want Persona soooo bad... but I also really want all the others. I can't believe I hafta wait 'til April.  :(
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

You Never Got Me Down Ray

Quote from: billybrown
Quote from: meatwadsilence of the lambs-criterion collection $6.99

Where so cheap? I'd have to assume they were used also.

Seriously, $6.99 for an OOP Criterion?!?! I'd pay more than that for a good quality bootleg. So you wanna sell it?
My life has taken another turn again. The days move along with regularity, over and over. One day indistinguishable from the next. A long, continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is change.