I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: Chuckhimselfo en Galicia5 Euros in a Spanish store called FNAC.
You and your Spanish connections...

i'm loving it...
context, context, context.

Derek237

Ernie

Gummo
The Carl Th. Dreyer Collection

Tommy Both

Commentary by director Robert Rodriguez
Ten Minute Flick School
Ten Minute Cooking School
Inside Troublemaker Studios

..now, how do you like THEM apples?

Banky

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Romeo + Juliet

What Dreams May Come
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

samsong

both for $56.  I love DVD Planet.

oh, and this:

Had my cousin burn this one for me... there is no way in fucking hell I'm going to pay money for it (btw he netflixed it).  But I want to watch it just to say I did.  Wish me luck...

oh, the juxtaposition...

"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

ono

Lost in Translation ($19.99) - Sweet, sweet deal.  Heh, the price is worth it for the first shot alone.  If only I had DVD capture software to share it with you all.  :(

Ed Wood.  Yep, I went out today looking to see if any stores had it, and I lucked out.  Oh, and look I found another one!

Yep, you heard it right.  I have two copies of Ed Wood, and at least one, I'm willing to part with.  Check it out: http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?p=115903#115903

"Ed Wood?  Who wouldn't?!  I give it 83 stars!  Oh-ho-whoa-whoa-whoo!"
-Rex Reed, "The Critic"

If that review doesn't sell you, I don't know what will.  :-D

CAROL REED's  The Third Man.
ALFRED HITCHCOCK's The 39 Steps and The Man who Knew Too Much.

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Reed Rothchild

and i got ed wood, lost in translation and american splendor :)
You know, people tell me I kind of look like Han Solo.

DVD Collection

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

smash

and I got the Lost in Translation soundtrack:

I just wish the DVD case could have been designed as well as the CD soundtrack was.