Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

PaulElroy35

Quote from: jviness02 on May 24, 2021, 12:50:38 AM
Quote from: Tdog on May 23, 2021, 05:09:42 PM
If the rumoured role of an older director still stands in the movie, do we have any speculations for who it might be based on?
Huston, Altman?

Apparently Huston. This is the role I am most curious about, if the rumors are true. I would expect him to cast a big name for that kind of role.

That would be cool. Do you think hes shot alot of stuff inside places as we havent seen alot from set. Or do you think the paparazzi just havnt got near some of the sets?

nomorecoffee

I know that we didn't learn more stuff on his previous movies at this early stage but for some reason I find Soggy's waiting to be particularly nerve-wracking. Anyone else aboard on this feeling?

Drenk

No, this is just normal. The Cannes selection is June 3rd and this is the only thing I'm anticipating, even if I'm less optimistic than I used to.
Ascension.

WorldForgot

Quote from: Mattbish19 on May 24, 2021, 07:00:02 AM
If the rumoured role of an older director still stands in the movie, do we have any speculations for who it might be based on?
Huston, Altman?

Apparently Huston. This is the role I am most curious about, if the rumors are true. I would expect him to cast a big name for that kind of role.

That would be cool. Do you think hes shot alot of stuff inside places as we havent seen alot from set. Or do you think the paparazzi just havnt got near some of the sets?

paparazzi forgot the Valley existed

wilberfan

The paps are an extremely wily bunch.  And solely motivated by el dinero.  They'd only show up for a certain level of celebrity:  Hoffman and/or Haim working that day?  Not interested.  Cooper or Penn?  You bet.  It's amazing how they managed to know ahead of time who would be there that day--although my guess is that they have a collection of nefarious techniques they use...

Yes

Have we ever uncovered if Penn is actually in the movie?

Alma

His stunt double was listed on IMDB for a bit.

pynchonikon

Quote from: Yes on May 24, 2021, 02:26:39 PM
Have we ever uncovered if Penn is actually in the movie?

Quote from: Alma on May 24, 2021, 03:05:18 PM
His stunt double was listed on IMDB for a bit.

p.86-87

Yes

I remember the stunt double but yeah, IMDB removed the credit

Alma

I think he's probably in it, the stunt double added it to their imdb, and then was asked to remove it for privacy. Seems a bit random otherwise, with that and him being pictured on set.

jviness02

Quote from: Mattbish19 on May 24, 2021, 07:00:02 AM
Huston, Altman?

I don't think it's farfetched another star in a role like the director could exist and have been mostly filmed inside. The only reason we knew about Safdie was the posters on set.  We never saw him. 

That said, I also wouldn't be surprised if Bradley Cooper is the only A-lister with a bunch of new faces.

pynchonikon

Quote from: jviness02 on May 24, 2021, 04:02:37 PM
I don't think it's farfetched another star in a role like the director could exist and have been mostly filmed inside. The only reason we knew about Safdie was the posters on set.  We never saw him.

That said, I also wouldn't be surprised if Bradley Cooper is the only A-lister with a bunch of new faces.

Indeed, the only actor that was properly announced was BCooper. Alana, Hoffman & Safdie were (forced to be) confirmed due to leaked set pics (I bet they would try to keep Hoffman secret as long as possible hadn't the rumour spread the internet).

All the outdoor set pics that were released in public concerned BCooper, Hoffman & Alana.
The fact that this was filmed with extremely strict discretion didn't help, and of course there is lots of indoor stuff (which must include the potential old director/female agent scenes) that we can't know anything about.

wrongright

Penn is probably playing the director. Why keep his involvement such a secret, though?

Quote from: Drenk on May 24, 2021, 09:01:16 AM
No, this is just normal. The Cannes selection is June 3rd and this is the only thing I'm anticipating, even if I'm less optimistic than I used to.

Less optimistic about it going to Cannes, or about the film itself?

wilberfan

At the risk of (re-)stating the obvious: The less known going in, the greater the surprise & delight at the end of the year.

Here's a fun calculation:

It's 374 days from wrap (early in the morning of Nov 18th) to Nov 26th (limited release date, USA).  Half of that (187 days) is....today, May 24th.  We're over the hump, boys!  It's a downhill ride from here on out...

Alethia

Careening downhill to that sweet soggy bottom...