Criterion News and Discussion

Started by Gold Trumpet, January 16, 2003, 06:18:19 PM

Ravi

They changed the artwork.  I like the old one better.

Pubrick

that was always the artwork.
Quote from: samsong
and u've always been the caretaker.
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

He meant he liked the:

Quote from: PwaybloeHere's mine.

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ravi

Pubrick, Criterion must have uploaded the new artwork to the same URL as the old one.  The old artwork was this:

Pubrick

Quote from: RaviPubrick, Criterion must have uploaded the new artwork to the same URL as the old one.  The old artwork was this:

oh, in that case, they both suck.. the new one has a totally unco smile and the other one was plain jane.

criterion has jumped the shark. trust it to be godard's fault..
under the paving stones.

Gold Trumpet

According to the CCForum, Truffaut's Shoot The Piano Player is on tap for a January release. Its by the same source who correctly pinned the release of Heaven Can Wait. No one really is bickering on the board about this news so the outlook seems good. Expect more Truffaut to co-inside or follow.

Alethia

bah, shoot the piano player was boring...they should release the soft skin or small change...

SiliasRuby

Quote from: ewardbah, shoot the piano player was boring...they should release the soft skin or small change...
I loved it!!! But to each his own...
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

killafilm

I really liked it.  Can't wait to see a decent copy.  I saw it on a busted dvd where it wasn't centered, rather it was on the top 2/3.  That bugged me.

Alethia

just because pta digs it doesn't mean you have to....

polkablues

Quote from: ewardjust because pta digs it doesn't mean you have to....

Cheap shot.  No need to go there.
My house, my rules, my coffee

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I always wondered why there wasn't a Shoot The Piano Player criterion yet.

I hope there are some tasty features on this.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

hedwig

Quote from: polkablues
Quote from: ewardjust because pta digs it doesn't mean you have to....

Cheap shot.  No need to go there.

ha, i think he was joking

samsong

from dvdbeaver:

November Criterions

Ugetsu Monogatori (Mizoguchi, 1953)
Ran (Kurasawa, 1985)
Tales of Hoffman (Powell & Pressburger, 1951)
and possibly Pickpocket (Bresson, 1959)

what's this "possibly" business?!
yay for mizoguchi... hopefully The Story of the Last Chrysanthemums will be released not too far after Ugetsu.

tpfkabi

Quote from: SiliasRuby
Quote from: ewardbah, shoot the piano player was boring...they should release the soft skin or small change...
I loved it!!! But to each his own...

you need to watch it more than once.
i blind bought it and just thought it was ok, but when i went back to it, my feeling totally changed.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.