NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

A lot of places are going to have some intense sales on the day after Thanksgiving as usual, and for that reason Target is keeping their ad from being released until then (usually the employees can see it a week in advance).  Well, a few friend team leaders of mine told me that ont he day after Thanksgiving they're going to sell the Xbox 360 for $129.99. 

So, rather than buying one then and risking losing an arm, if you were thinking about buying one you could get it and then get a price adjustment.  (If you buy something that goes on sale within 90 days or so, they'll give you the difference). I know that this week there's a sale on the one with the extra hard drive and you get a $50 Gift Card, which if you spend that, then you can't get the refund, but I think the sale is on the smaller package, anyway. 

Just a sort of possible heads up.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Raikus

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

polkablues

Quote from: Raikus on November 21, 2006, 08:33:52 AM
No one got a Wii?

I was just browsing Ebay, and I happened upon a Wii auction with two minutes left that was going for only 20 bucks over retail price, so I sniped the fucker.  I should be waving my arms around like an idiot by this weekend.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Raikus

I don't own one (yet) but I played one yesterday. It's very, very fun. Even the cross console games -- Marvel Alliance, for instance -- integrates the motion sensor into play. You can still do all your attacks via button or by shaking the controller in different ways. Plus it requires you to defuse bombs by a series of motions on the remote (a la God of War but with motion).

Wii Sports is pretty fun to. I'll play Zelda today if I get some time which should be the best so far.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Chest Rockwell

I'm definitely going to be getting one, after hearing from people that got 'em Sunday how much fun it actually is. It's just a matter of when. Nintendo's the best games company there is and ever was, and that's a fact.

Also, some Black Friday website my mom goes did not have the massive Target sale Walrus provided...

finished this:

and this:

but now my life is empty .   my friend code is 017263 647109  if anyone wants to play.

i am very much looking forward to this :

and i hear this is pretty excelent:

i love nintendo
context, context, context.

last days of gerry the elephant

animal crossing is great!

It will have downloadable content from the Wii I hear... or some sort of cross platform thingie/things.

©brad

i'm not really a gamer per se, but i did attend a launch party for PS3 recently, which was pretty insane. spoke w/ a dude who works for sony, and did you know sony will lose $287 bucks for every PS3 they sell?! crazy (or is that normal...?)

polkablues

Quote from: ©brad on November 22, 2006, 06:46:06 PM
i'm not really a gamer per se, but i did attend a launch party for PS3 recently, which was pretty insane. spoke w/ a dude who works for sony, and did you know sony will lose $287 bucks for every PS3 they sell?! crazy (or is that normal...?)

It's normal for the first part of a console's lifespan.  Xbox 360 was the same.  After a while, when the production process improves and the cost of the components goes down, they approach profitability.  For the first year or two, though, the idea is just to make the money back on the games (and in Sony's case, on the HDTVs).

Kal

I never came into this thread til now... and thank god. I was just now chatting with some eBay guy who was offering me a XBOX 360 sealed in box for $350. I thought it was a good deal, as there is no tax or shipping costs involved... but now I'd better wait!

EDIT: The TARGET deal is not happening. I just saw their 2 day sale ad and the only bonus is a videogame (that costs 40 bucks) included in the price. Not a good deal.

The Amazon is a good one, but my doubt is... if you want to have the whole package... even if you get the Core System for $100 it costs you at least $200+ to get everything that the Premium one has... so its not an unbelievable discount after all...

picolas

despite the semi-badness of the music i cannot stop playing this. it destroyed the feeling of time on the bus today.

also i'm still split between a wii and a ps3. wii is probably better and funner and it's cheaper but i'd feel really horrible leaving final fantasy, gta, and mgs behind. it's like the choice between paying a ransom or letting the captive franchises die and focusing your normal money on the bright young future of games.. :ponder: ironically this is the opposite of the choice i faced when deciding whether to buy an n64 or a ps1 back in the day. either 3-5 must-have classic games or 20-40 really good games..

Pubrick

Quote from: picolas on November 24, 2006, 12:53:48 AM
also i'm still split between a wii and a ps3. wii is probably better and funner and it's cheaper but i'd feel really horrible leaving final fantasy, gta, and mgs behind.
why not get both?

get the cheap one now and the other one when it becomes cheap. most ppl here sound like they could afford both. just don't buy DVDs or something else for a few weeks, like "the essential who-gives-a-shit" collection this eksmas, and get something really entertaining. who likes movies anyway. i do. :(
under the paving stones.

i have a question for psp owners.
as some of you may have read, my ipod was stolen two weeks ago, and i don't know if i should get a new one.  i love the seamlessness between an ipod an itunes, but i'm thinking, what if the psp is a good mp3 player device.  it costs like half of what an ipod costs and does way more stuff. granted, the capability of an ipod has nothing to do with that of a psp. i don't know if it's intelligent to do that. i don't know if anything's intelligent anymore.
context, context, context.

polkablues

Quote from: cronopio on November 24, 2006, 06:26:27 PM
as some of you may have read, my ipod was stolen two weeks ago, and i don't know if i should get a new one.  i love the seamlessness between an ipod an itunes, but i'm thinking, what if the psp is a good mp3 player device.  it costs like half of what an ipod costs and does way more stuff. granted, the capability of an ipod has nothing to do with that of a psp. i don't know if it's intelligent to do that. i don't know if anything's intelligent anymore.

No.  The psp is hugely inconvenient as a media player.  Too bulky to carry around everywhere, too expensive to buy enough memory to make it worthwhile, and too annoying to convert video files to a compatible size and format.  Plus the battery charge is only around four hours, about a fifth of what you get out of an ipod.  All I ever do with my psp anymore is play Loco Roco and Killzone (although those are a shitload of fun).

Pubrick

Quote from: cronopio on November 24, 2006, 06:26:27 PM
the PSP is not a good mp3 player. it's about as effective as my mobile phone, which is fine for me, but it will only hold as much as whatever memory card you insert. you won't be finding any 40GB memory cards i'll tell you that much.
under the paving stones.