Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Started by Satcho9, May 22, 2003, 03:45:19 PM

Link

AICN seems to have taken off the page  :cry:

But at least I got to see the pictures.  Anyone save them?  I loved Depp as Wonka, I can't wait!

Sal

Here they are:

I think the similarities to the original film are obvious.  The costume design is still very 70's, so I think Burton's not letting on as much as he claims.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Link

Find Your Magali

My two cents: Utterly pointless remake.

Burton remains an enigma to me.

Ravi

Quote from: SalI think the similarities to the original film are obvious.  The costume design is still very 70's, so I think Burton's not letting on as much as he claims.

Looking at these stills I wish Burton had reimagined the costume design, but maybe the film itself will be different.  Otherwise what's the point of a remake?

Bethie

Quote from: Find Your MagaliMy two cents: Utterly pointless remake.

Johnny Depp is in it, therefore it's not pointless.

8)
who likes movies anyway

Gamblour.

It looks weird....I really dont know about Depp, it looks like he can't pull it off. His makeup is creepy looking.
WWPTAD?

Finn

Yeah it looks like Tim Burton is trying to make a dark version of Willy Wonka. I'm predicting it would be anything brilliant or outstanding, but it might be interesting just to see.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Ghostboy

You guys are nuts. This looks absoultely Burton-eriffic.

Finn

Teaser Poster:
http://chocolatefactorymovie.warnerbros.com/images/teaser_onesheet.jpg

Apparently Martin Scorsese was thinking about directing this at one point. It would've been really interesting to see his take on the story.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

ono

Yeah, got that poster on page 8.

Interesting campaign approach - "See the movie Martin Scorsese rejected to make some movie about planes."

matt35mm

I still don't know what to think just because I'm such a huge fan of the original.  This movie looks more focused on Willy Wonka than even the first movie, despite the title change.  Do you think that this movie will have the patience to wait 45 minutes before unveiling Depp?  Maybe it's just how they decided to market it... but you barely even see Charlie in the trailer.

bonanzataz

wow. this looks really great. i was very skeptical of this at first, but now i'm very looking forward to it.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls