Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Started by Satcho9, May 22, 2003, 03:45:19 PM

modage

Quote from: bonanzatazwow. this looks really great. i was very skeptical of this at first, but now i'm very looking forward to it.
yes, this looks insane.  i'm a little worried about Depps acting from the trailer but the trailer itself is boss.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

what happened when you clicked on the AICN link?
it looked like mine started to download, but it didn't play.
then i went to yahoo and play the 56k wmp, but it was just like watching a slide show with music.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

bonanzataz

Quote from: themodernage02yes, this looks insane.  i'm a little worried about Depps acting from the trailer but the trailer itself is boss.

actually, i was really worried about depp's acting before the trailer. i thought he was going to do his usual, overacting, annoying thing that he can sometimes do (pirates, anyone?), but then i saw him and he just looked so weird and funny and quietly creepy. i think he'll do a fine job.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Quote from: bigideaswhat happened when you clicked on the AICN link?
it looked like mine started to download, but it didn't play.
then i went to yahoo and play the 56k wmp, but it was just like watching a slide show with music.

Go here.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

russiasusha

that trailer for that chocolate movie just freaked me right out
Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

Rudie Obias

\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Fjodor

Quote from: russiasushathat trailer for that chocolate movie just freaked me right out
Had the same, ever seen Depp so freaky? :shock:

grand theft sparrow

Depp's got his Ed Wood teeth back in I see.

tpfkabi

thanks mac.
hmmm, the original film had tons of quotes from literature. i didn't know it until i watched the dvd with subtitles. unfortunately it still doesn't subtitle what Wonka says in German. anyone know?
anywho, this looks insane.
i haven't read the book so i don't know if most of the dialogue in the original film was taken from the book or made up. i do know there is no Slugworth in Dahl's book.

Just Withnail

Well, whatever Burton's doing, that trailer made me a lot more interested in it. The fears I had of Depp doing his slightly-out-of-touch character routine, were put to rest by the already mentioned freaky make-up. Whatever he does, it'll make it a bit more interesting, if only to see him act underneath a slightly different face. Here's to hoping Burton goes Roal Dahl-crazy and decides to adapt all the big ones; they're made for each other.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

meatball

Very creepy. It's like the older lady with too much perfume who wants to smother you with hugs and kisses.

tpfkabi

i guess mike tevee now plays video games instead of wanting a gun.
"not till your 12, son."

artfag

I fear for Johnny Depp these days.   He seems to be taking the outlandish roles that have now become predictable.  I don't know if that will work for me in a movie where I already know what is going to happen.  We will see soon enough I guess

analogzombie

Quote from: artfagI fear for Johnny Depp these days.   He seems to be taking the outlandish roles that have now become predictable.  I don't know if that will work for me in a movie where I already know what is going to happen.  We will see soon enough I guess

well he can't do any worse than 'The Astronaut's Wife'
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."