Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Started by Satcho9, May 22, 2003, 03:45:19 PM

Link

Johnny Depp rocks the hizzy.  I was always pulling for him to get the role (how do you think he got it?  ME).

I remember reading that Tim Burton wasn't always attached to POTA, and he came in fairly late, or at least later than ideal, and some people say that's partially why it wasn't so great -- he didn't get to put his heart into it.  Though he wasn't the first person attached to Big Fish either, so I dunno.

My g/f has the book, I'm hoping to read it soon.

I think they should have Gene Wilder as Grandpa, and, as someone else in a different board suggested, when he walks into the factory, he says "This all seems familiar..."

Badump CHING!

I wouldn't mind seeing Walken as Grandpa, either.  That'd be pretty cool.  But I want some hardcore child-acting.  That'd be awesome.  But I was (and still am) scared enough of the original one.  I can't wait for this one.

MacGuffin

Freddie Highmore Visits the Chocolate Factory
Source: Variety

Variety has now confirmed that Johnny Depp's young J.M. Barrie's Neverland co-star Freddie Highmore was also cast in Depp's upcoming Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which Tim Burton is directing. Highmore also stars in the upcoming British film Five Children and It.

In "Chocolate Factory," he plays the poverty-stricken boy who stumbles across one of the five golden tickets that wins an exclusive tour of Willy Wonka's mysterious chocolate factory. The other four winners are grotesque brats who get their comeuppance in the course of the tour, leaving Charlie to become Mr. Wonka's heir.

Johnny Depp plays Willy Wonka with shooting starting this summer at London's Pinewood Studios.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

El Duderino

TIM BURTON CASTS "GRANDPA JOE" FOR HIS "FACTORY"
Source: HollywoodReporter

The Hollywod Reporter reports that "Waking Ned Devine" star, David Kelly has been cast for the role of Grandpa Joe in Tim Burton's "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" for Warner Bros. Pictures.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

edison

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: EEz28

First pic of Depp as Wonka

Second pic of Depp as Wonka

Kal

mogwai

question: why did the filmmakers enlist a chimp to do the art work?

MacGuffin

Quote from: mogwaiquestion: why did the filmmakers enlist a chimp to do the art work?

Because the marketing dept. is bananas.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ono

Gamblour.

Depp looks like Michael Jackson...(insert joke about fudge here)
WWPTAD?

Ghostboy

Yes, unlike the Episode III poster, I think this is a pretty great marketing image. It's just about perfect.

Pubrick

Quote from: Gamblor geht weg....(insert joke about fudge here)
he loves it.
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

More pics here:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=18786

Depp looks perfect. The kids look mostly the same. The Oompa Loompas look like Ronnie Rocket.