The stupidest thing you've heard someone say about a movie..

Started by CollinBullock, March 29, 2003, 02:00:00 PM

picolas

owner of video store: did you see No Country For Old Men?
me: yeah. i saw it thrice.
owner: why is it a good movie? i don't understand. it's just.. killing and violence..
me: well. i thought it was--
owner: *turns around, walks to another part of the store, never brings it up again*

Tortuga

Recently someone at another forum said he found Requiem For A Dream a ridicilous film. I thought Requiem was quite good, so I asked him what he didn't like about the movie. His response:

"The storylines of Harry and the black guy are kind of allright. But the storyline of the grandma ruins the movie! It was so irritating and boring. I nearly fell asleep during any scene with the grandma if it wasn't for the noise that refrigerator kept making. With the storyline about the grandma, I'd rate the movie 4/10. Without it I would've given it 7/10"

Reinhold

Quote from: Tortuga on April 25, 2008, 09:02:50 AM
Recently someone at another forum said he found Requiem For A Dream a ridicilous film. I thought Requiem was quite good, so I asked him what he didn't like about the movie. His response:

"The storylines of Harry and the black guy are kind of allright. But the storyline of the grandma ruins the movie! It was so irritating and boring. I nearly fell asleep during any scene with the grandma if it wasn't for the noise that refrigerator kept making. With the storyline about the grandma, I'd rate the movie 4/10. Without it I would've given it 7/10"

introduce yourself here.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Alexandro

deja vu all over the place...

sweeney todd ends, lights on, some guy says: "fucking bullshit"
cloverfield ends, lights on, some guy says: "this is it? fucking bullshit"
no country for old men ends, lights on, the guy behind me says: "so? and then what? that's it? stupid fucking movie"
there will be blood ends, lights on, american kids say: "that was awful", "you know why i hated it? the music, it was so annoying"

Pas

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD ! I have found the foolishest boy in the village !

This boy ! I was a'walkin to the cornerstore and Jim, that's the name o' the boy, comes up to me with his dirty face and he has in his hands a pirated version of the movie Sex in The City !

And he goes : ''This is the best movie I have ever seen in a totally non sarcastic way. I can burn it for you if you like''

I swears tis not shenanigans

MacGuffin

Overheard about half-way through the film:

"Thought this was called, Inglorious Basterds, not French Chick... She's hot, though."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

hedwig

Pas

Quote from: MacGuffin on August 22, 2009, 11:59:28 PM
Overheard about half-way through the film:

"Thought this was called, Inglorious Basterds, not French Chick... She's hot, though."

hahahahhaha awesome

Neil

Co-worker - I watched 500 days of summer last night,

Me -  How was that?

Co-worker- Ya, know how they say it's  not a love story?  Man, that's true, it really is a story about love.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Ravi

I was talking to a girl the other day who said that Werner Herzog just makes "guy movies."  I thought that was a ridiculously reductionist view of his films, but I don't meet many people who have actually heard of Herzog.  FWIW she said she likes his documentaries.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"Antichrist was so stupid.  It's a film where nothing happens.  All that happens is a husband and wife are fucking, their kid dies, she goes into shock, the husband tries to help her with therapy, she goes crazy, cuts off her clit and mutilates his cock.  The whole time I was like 'When is something going to HAPPEN?'"
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pas

hahaha I guess she meant 'When is something going to HAPPEN...that isn't so god damn insane or doesn't make me want to vomit?"

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pas

the way you wrote it it sounded so feminine, so I guess it makes sense!

Alexandro

well i've seen at the videostore where i work, literally too many couples who arrive for movies and like fucking robots, the girls goes to the romcom section and the guy to the action films. really, why don't they just dress in blue and pink while they're at it?