The stupidest thing you've heard someone say about a movie..

Started by CollinBullock, March 29, 2003, 02:00:00 PM

rustinglass

seemed  huxleyian to me, it reminded me of brave new world, there was perception cinema or something, one of the tools to keep people happy, so that they could perform their duties in a utopian society. yep, lynch would be unemployed there
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

kotte

Don't you think it fucking ruins a movie (experience) if someone next to you or whatever says negative shit about it?

I hate it...Can't stand it. If I hate a movie, I don't go telling everyone in the theater.

Sleuth

Quote from: ChristopherDon't you think it fucking ruins a movie (experience) if someone next to you or whatever says negative shit about it?

I hate it...Can't stand it. If I hate a movie, I don't go telling everyone in the theater I think it is.

Agreed.  I also hate when people point out the product placement.  It's ironic that they say it with this sort of cynical attitude like, "Oh look, he just has to drink Pepsi, huh?" and I'm here trying to ignore the brand name, but by them bringing it up, I can't.  Fuck that
I like to hug dogs

cine

Now if someone was to point out the product placements in Wag the Dog as a negative.. THAT would be even stupider.

meatball

When leaving the Matrix Reloaded an outspoken black lady started yelling to the people lined up for the next showing:

"Oh, God, do NOT go in there! That was WHACK! WHACK!"

Find Your Magali

Quote from: meatballWhen leaving the Matrix Reloaded an outspoken black lady started yelling to the people lined up for the next showing:

OK, that is certainly is a stupid thing for someone to say about a movie, but I must admit that it sounds like a funny moment. I wish I had witnessed it. Of course, I am easily amused.

NEON MERCURY

freakerdude

exiting Lost Highway was like leaving a funeral.......a dead, lost silence.
MC Pee Pants

Cecil

Quote from: freakerdudeexiting Lost Highway was like leaving a funeral.......a dead, lost silence.

thats actually pretty cool

kotte

Quote from: meatballWhen leaving the Matrix Reloaded an outspoken black lady started yelling to the people lined up for the next showing:

I would have gone agro on her ass...stupid people...

Alethia

recently tried to show my friend vertigo....he hated it and i asked him why and he said "it looked stupid when she jumped off the bridge...too much green in this movie.......that dream thing was retarded....."   yeah i dont wanna talk to him for a while

NEON MERCURY

...i can't stand it when watching a movie with someone and he/she says something like...."whatever..that could nnever happen".......

i just sit and think to myself ........its a phucking......MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravi

Quote from: NEON MERCURY...i can't stand it when watching a movie with someone and he/she says something like...."whatever..that could nnever happen".......

i just sit and think to myself ........its a phucking......MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a valid complaint if the film violates its own internal logic, but usually people aren't thinking like that when they say, "that could never happen."

grand theft sparrow

"I thought this was a movie, not a book, yo."

- overheard opening night for Kill Bill Vol. 1, in reference to the subtitles moreso than the chapter headings.

rustinglass

I will never understand that problem with the subtitles. How lazy can you be? All I ever see are subtitled films and I shudder to think of watching them dubbed. They dub films in Spain, how do the spanish folk here handle that? I'm reallt glad I grew up in a country whose film distributers never opted through dubbing films instead of subtitling them. (except for the children films, which are released in both versions)
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica