The Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King

Started by modage, June 30, 2003, 12:10:57 PM

brockly

Quote from: GhostboyI'm still surprised that so many people don't think Two Towers is one of the best movies ever made of all time.... :wink:

It's definatly the best of the 3, although I do love them all.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: ©brad
Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI think you miss what I mean. I'm not knocking adaptations, but I don't think this film is just another adaptation. Maybe the task of adaptating LOTR is impossible, but adaptations of books follow suit in usually a film still being two hours and constricting the story to a plot that can be adaquetely held in a movie. LOTR extends so long that I felt many of the restrictions in book to movie adaptations were being ignored and many things in the movies were too repititve and not really insightful to anything of higher meaning.

what the hell are you talking about? what restrictions?

gt, do us all a favor; stay out of this thread. u've made ur point. after the much needed gold-trumpet-tranlsation-into-english-process, we've all managed to deduct from ur babbling that u didn't dig the movie. (even though that i have and will continue to question the validity of any of ur reviews, seeing as how u are so susceptible to walking out) I don't know how much more of this erroneous nonsense i can take. i fear that if i read much more, i may do something stupid. (especially if i've had a couple of drinks)

Then why do you (and everyone else) continue to debate me on my points? Its dumb to say I am going any extra mile on saying my opinion here.

Pubrick

the funny thing is, i havn't seen this yet.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Banky

Lord of the Rings was number one yet again raking in nearly 31 mill and bringing the grand total to 291 mill.

markums2k

***SPOILER***

Does anyone else think Frodo is a little bitch after this movie?  Certainly not the hero the 'false endings' portray him as.  Is that supposed to be the point?  Is there some sort of cynical irony at work?

Anyways, wonderful movie.  Wonderful trilogy.  Can't wait for the extended cut.

©brad

Quote from: Pthe funny thing is, i havn't seen this yet.

Quote from: mogwaisame here.

Quote from: MacGuffinMake that three.

Quote from: CinephileFour, right over here.

um, why is this exactly?

Banky

Since its release, the film has earned $677 million worldwide, including $292 million from North America, where it is tracking 12 percent ahead of where its predecessor, "The Two Towers" was at the same time last year. That film ended up with $341 million domestically and $921 million worldwide.

The worldwide total for "Return of the King" is outpacing that of "Two Towers" by about 15 percent, said Rolf Mittweg, president of worldwide marketing and distribution at Time Warner Inc.'s New Line Cinema.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ©bradum, why is this exactly?

GT said it wasn't very good.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

kotte

Quote from: MacGuffin

That means the films rocks. Haven't you learned anything? :)

picolas

Quote from: kotte
Quote from: MacGuffin

That means the films rocks. Haven't you learned anything? :)
and therin lies the hah-hah.

Find Your Magali

Maybe someone else has pointed this out, but it wasn't until that second viewing that I realized that Andy Serkis plays one of the hobbits carrying a big pumpkin in a scene near the very end. ... Nice cameo.

kotte

Quote from: Find Your MagaliMaybe someone else has pointed this out, but it wasn't until that second viewing that I realized that Andy Serkis plays one of the hobbits carrying a big pumpkin in a scene near the very end. ... Nice cameo.

and I do believe he's in the beginning as well... :)