Kill Bill: Volume One

Started by Satcho9, January 19, 2003, 10:18:06 PM

edison

ok, for all those who are confused as to why we were all saying before the film came out to wait for the epilogue heres Harry with a reason why those who saw it opening night and possibly a few days before were confused:

When I saw the film at the 'critics screening' here in Austin, it was slightly different from the screening I had this Wednesday. Originally - after the "trunk" shot looking up at the Motorcycle Helmet Uma... the "Written & Directed By Quentin Tarantino" credit came up... a couple of other credits passed, then that shot of the Airplane flying and Uma and the notebook occured. These scenes are no longer after a few credits, but now play all the way through as a cohesive part of the film. I can only assume that after my review went up where I reported that some critics left immediately after seeing the "Written & Directed by QT" credit... that Miramax, Quentin, somebody decided to make sure this wouldn't happen again, as it is integral to the film and not the standard insignificant "easter egg". Don't worry - if you have seen KILL BILL VOL 1 - you saw all the stuff I saw originally... just not divided up a bit by credits.

HAHAHA, i got to see it the original way it was presented and from reading what the film does now, they should have left it the other way, made much more of an impact, sucks that people are retarded and have to leave the second the screen goes to credits, just keep your ass in your chair.

A Matter Of Chance

yeah that really does suck... I can imagine it now...

edison

Spoliers*******

Now that most of you have seen it it's time for me to write down what i loved in this film:

EVERYTHING!!

but more specifically:

the music was awesome, love the tune that plays when Uma does her stare-down-im-gonna-fucking-kill-you look and the camera zooms in.

Those two one take shots in the House of Blue Leaves, one goes around the room up across the celing into the bathroom, and the other comes out of the bathroom to the center.

Just hearing Bill's voice, he could actually go on the enitre film like that, his voice is so cool, and really intimidating, wonder how it would have been had Warren Betty been cast instead as once stated he was going to be.

How Uma's characters name is bleeped, funny shit there, wish theyu had done it a few more times, it was only done like 3x from what i can remember

Julie Dreyfus, hot damn, shes fine!!!!!!!!

ok, a question:

1. Why did Vivica miss shooting Uma she was like 5 feet away? I though that was weird, but i blew it off when well, you know what happens after that, really cool finish that Uma gave Vivica by the way.

oh yeah, and for those who dont know, and im not sure if it was posted on here but if it was that oh well im going to say it again: the part when Uma slices the baseball, that was really done, there is no digital work done there, her sword double actually did that numerous times.

smash

Quote from: EEz28Spoliers*******

the music was awesome, love the tune that plays when Uma does her stare-down-im-gonna-fucking-kill-you look and the camera zooms in.
Yeah, I LOVED the music during these parts.  Is this part on the Soundtrack, because it just seemed like a short diddy and I wasn't sure if they would include it or not...

Oh man...I'm so excited to see it again tonight.

edison

Quote from: smash
Quote from: EEz28Spoliers*******

Yeah, I LOVED the music during these parts.  Is this part on the Soundtrack, because it just seemed like a short diddy and I wasn't sure if they would include it or not...

Oh man...I'm so excited to see it again tonight.

Some motherfucker is gonna die if its not on there, countless times i have bought a cd for a specific song or two and they have not been on there, i should be getting this in the mail today or monday, cant wait!!

lamas

yeah, volume 1 did a great job of building up Bill as this mysterious pimp-like sweet-talking character.  it's no wonder tarantino wanted beatty for the part.

A Matter Of Chance

Yeah, Warren would have been great for that role, but David Carradine did a great job, I thought.

Ernie

QUESTIONS ONLY FOR THOSE THAT HAVE SEEN IT..............

1. What about the ending though!? I can't believe I'm the only one that's mentioned that so far! That was fucking AMAZING! I didn't expect that at all, not the least bit. That long take of her crying about her loss when she first wakes up in the hospital bed totally convinced me that her baby was gone for good. WOW! I still get the chills. That is so much better than ANYTHING M. Night Shyamalan has ever done or will ever do as far as twists go. It's not a gimmick with Quentin either like it is with Night, that's what makes it all the more great. What did everybody else think?

2. Who does that "Nobody But You" song during the BIG fight with Uma and O-Ren's guards? I love that song. Is it The Turtles?

3. Did Ennio Morricone really do portions of the score or is it all RZA?

Finn

When Kill Bill comes out on DVD, we should totally have a chat on it! :lol:
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Pas

Quote from: ebeaman1. What about the ending though!? I can't believe I'm the only one that's mentioned that so far! That was fucking AMAZING! I didn't expect that at all, not the least bit.

It's probably just because you didn't try to think about it. As soon as we saw she was pregnant during the wedding, someone beside me said to his friend : "I bet her child is alive". Hehe

Pas

Quote from: SydneyWhen Kill Bill comes out on DVD, we should totally have a chat on it! :lol:

Hahahaha !

Ernie

Oh yeah, does anybody know if they're going to be releasing a different soundtrack for part II? I don't have the one that's out now so I don't know if they only used half of those tracks and are using the other half on part II or if it's only the soundtrack of part I. I wanna know if I can download the whole thing and indulge without ruining any of part II or if I can only download certain songs. I wanna hear part II's music for the first time when I see it.

Ghostboy

Quote from: EEz28

Those stingers are on the soundtrack...the only thing that I think is missing from the soundtrack is that crazy tribal Japansese thing when all the Crazy 88s run into the room (it's also on one of the bootleg trailers). There will clearly be a second soundtrack for volume 2.

Those two one take shots in the House of Blue Leaves, one goes around the room up across the celing into the bathroom, and the other comes out of the bathroom to the center.

That's actually one shot (if I understand you correctly). Where it follows her into the bathroom, then goes out and upstairs, catches up with Julia Drefuss and follows her back in? That one looks like there's a cut, but there's not.

Banky

i must need to see this film again because i really didnt have the same expereince most of you did.  I mean i liked it but some parts just seemed to drag and i wasnt a fan of some of the dialoge.  i really hated the fucking black and white bullshit. And everyone needs to stop say "Wow the fights were way better than that matrix crap" they werent so get over that shit.  

I liked the movie i thought it was good but i mean i dont know...........................................................................

quote me

ksmc

There were a few parts that I liked, but overall it lacked the spirit of other Tarantino films in my opinion. I left the theater pretty disappointed.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."