Troy

Started by Sigur Rós, October 31, 2003, 01:12:17 PM

meatball

Was just curious.

kotte

Quote from: ©brad
Quote from: GhostboyI think Troy looks great, and I hope it at least sort of lives up to the Illiad. I wish, though, that they had kept Achillese's bisexuality intact -- David Benioff admitted that it's been excised.

whoa whoa, david benioff wrote the screenplay?

i'm in.

He did...that's just one of many quality talents in this project.

©brad

one too many dudes in it, but still, it looks good. those battle scenes look as if they might rival ROTK.

modage

yeah, but i hope every movie that comes out now doesnt try to out-epic LOTR.  because thats going to get old fast.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

International Trailer
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Raikus

Quote from: themodernage02yeah, but i hope every movie that comes out now doesnt try to out-epic LOTR.  because thats going to get old fast.
Really? I see that as a good thing. If there's a movie that can breach the scope and feel of the LOTR movies I welcome it with folded arms and agape jaw.

I'm all for an out-epic war instead of the typical movie-dance-off themes that have been coming out (Honey, Save the Last Dance, You Got Served, etc.).
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Raikus
I'm all for an out-epic war instead of the typical movie-dance-off themes that have been coming out (Honey, Save the Last Dance, You Got Served, etc.).

.......like......dude........you forgot to mention dirty danciong 2: havana nights........ouch!!!!!!!that phucker is hot.........

"now i've had the time of my time.....no......i never felt this way before(never felt this way)...........and i OWE IT ALL TO YOU............!!!!!"

::drools a little down his lower lip,smearing the candycane::

Just Withnail

You know, it may just be the romantic in me, but hearing them say: (paraphrasing) "The greatest battle of all time - over one woman", kinda gets my juices flowing. Giddygiddy. I loved the real tight shot of Pitt/ Achilles, where most of his face is out of frame, and we only see the middle portion of his face while screaming, battle in the background.
We should be spared of to many epics like this, so we can cherish the few that come more.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

uh oh, now i'm a little worried.  i like brad pitt, but i dont know that i see him doing something like this convincingly.  pitt seems like he's putting on a little bit of an 'accent' here and it doesnt sound pretty. and the brian cox line "then every son of troy will die" is delivered in a way that is pretty hammy.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

meatball

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

I really want to see this!!!

cine

Quote from: andykI really want to see this!!!
How did I come to this thread and know you were going to say that?

MacGuffin

Quote from: MacGuffinNew Trailer here.

Skeleton FilmWorks