The Big Lebowski

Started by kotte, August 27, 2003, 09:27:19 AM

kotte

The film is amazing but that's like stating the obvious.

My favorite moment in the film is (there are so many good ones) Philip Seymore Hoffmans reaction to Bunny's "I'll suck your cock for 1000 dollars." His laugh is priceless.

Walter's replies to whatever Donny has to say: "Shut the fuck up, you miserable piece of shit."

I think this one is totally up for the place as the best comedy ever (for me anyway). How funny do you think this one is, really? Favorite moment?

"Lingonberry pancakes"

nix

"You want a toe? I can get you a toe by this afternoon. With nail polish."

:evil:
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

thedog

Quote from: kotteMy favorite moment in the film is (there are so many good ones) Philip Seymore Hoffmans reaction to Bunny's "I'll suck your cock for 1000 dollars." His laugh is priceless.

Very agreeable.

Walter Sobchak

Don't forget this one :
"You mark that frame an eight, and you're entering a world of pain !"

Now that's been said, let's go to work...  :twisted:

ElPandaRoyal

John Goodman rules!!!! (In this film, anyway...)
Si

Walter Sobchak

Shut the fuck up, Donny !  :wink:

molly

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumJohn Goodman rules!!!! (In this film, anyway...)

I agree. I didn't recognize him at first, with that beard, but the voice... He's great in that film. :)

kotte

Quote from: molly

I agree. I didn't recognize him at first, with that beard, but the voice... He's great in that film. :)

How could you NOT recognize him??? It's John fuckin' Goodman. You can't miss that! :)

markums2k

No no, John Goodman pretty much rules all the time.  I just didn't realize it until I saw this movie.

And does anyone else think the term 'Lebowski Achievers' is just utterly hilarious?  :-D

kotte

Quote from: markums2kAnd does anyone else think the term 'Lebowski Achievers' is just utterly hilarious?  :-D

Knocks me flat every time... :)

ElPandaRoyal

QuoteAnd does anyone else think the term 'Lebowski Achievers' is just utterly hilarious?

:yabbse-thumbup:

QuoteNo no, John Goodman pretty much rules all the time. I just didn't realize it until I saw this movie.

:yabbse-thumbup:  :yabbse-thumbup:
Si

molly

Quote from: kotte
Quote from: molly

How could you NOT recognize him??? It's John fuckin' Goodman. You can't miss that! :)

I deeeeeply appologize :)

frylock

id say nowadays this is my favorite movie.  it is brilliant.  in every way.
one of my favorite lines:

Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not Mr. Lebowski. You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

kotte

The Dude's a nice guy. He's a man of heart.

He has the loss of 1 million dollars, Woo - the rug soiler, Maud,  Brandt and the nihilists on his mind...still, he finds the time to attend his landlords dance quintet.

We need more guys like him...seriously.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: kotteThe Dude's a nice guy. He's a man of heart.

He has the loss of 1 million dollars, Woo - the rug soiler, Maud,  Brandt and the nihilists on his mind...still, he finds the time to attend his landlords dance quintet.

We need more guys like him...seriously.

Errr..... didn't you forget that he also has the time to, you know, go bowling?
Si