The Big Lebowski

Started by kotte, August 27, 2003, 09:27:19 AM

Ernie

Quote from: ShanghaiOrange
Quote from: freakerdudeMy favorite scene is the entrance of Jesus with Los Lobos playing Hotel California. That slow mo dance routine after his roll is pure genius.....not to mention his character.

It's actually the Gypsy Kings. :(

I think it's actually the Gipsy Kings if you wanna split hairs...but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I just revisited this classic in a very sucky way: the comedy central version. Don't even bother checking it out if there's nothing else on like I did, just turn the tv off. It's really sad. Movies with 250+ "fucks" should not be shown edited on tv.

kotte

Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: kotteJust saw an interview with John Milius...man he sounds and looks exactly like John Good man in that film.

I know the Coens based his character on Milius and good, did they do a good job. :)

Really?! That's based on Milius!!! Hahaha, I had no idea.

Just the idea of basing a character on an insane screenwriter is great...but when you compare the two it's scary how similar they are to each other.

©brad

Quote from: ShanghaiOrange
Quote from: freakerdudeMy favorite scene is the entrance of Jesus with Los Lobos playing Hotel California. That slow mo dance routine after his roll is pure genius.....not to mention his character.

It's actually the Gypsy Kings. :(

i luv that song. (the gypsy king version, that is) it's funny that the dude talks all that shit about the eagles and yet they use the song. eheheh. sounds so much better when the kings do it.

Chest Rockwell

The Jesus scene is fucking hilarious. I actually just saw the movie for the first time (im not counting the first time when i was 10) this weekend, and my respect for the Coens increased tenfold. my top Coen films are now (in no particular order) Fargo, Barton Fink, Big Lebowski, the Man who Wasn't There, and O Brother, Where Art Thou....fucking geniuses....

freakerdude

For anyone who gives a shit, a little tidbit of info about Johnny Depp's favorite screen badasses from a RS issue.

#1 is Jesus in which he says, "One of the greatest bits of acting. Everything he did was just shocking."
MC Pee Pants

MacGuffin

From The Digital Bits:

Universal has let it be known that The Big Lebowski Special Edition is on the way. Street dates and features are TBA.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

i'm patiently awaiting regularkarate's response to this.

RegularKarate

I'll believe it when I see it.

I find it odd that this is my first post in this thread.

modage

Quote from: MacGuffinFrom The Digital Bits:

Universal has let it be known that The Big Lebowski Special Edition is on the way. Street dates and features are TBA.
so continues the effort to make modernage replace all his old dvds with special editions.  :yabbse-undecided:  
but this will still be sweet.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cowboykurtis

does anyone happen to know the page count on THE BIG LEBOWSKI screenplay? any help would be appreciated.
...your excuses are your own...

MacGuffin

Quote from: cowboykurtisdoes anyone happen to know the page count on THE BIG LEBOWSKI screenplay? any help would be appreciated.

http://www.awesomefilm.com/script/biglebowski.txt

Although that's just the text and not page formatted.

The book is listed at 128 pages, give or take a couple. And even that isn't page accurate to the actual screenplay format.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Quote from: cowboykurtisdoes anyone happen to know the page count on THE BIG LEBOWSKI screenplay? any help would be appreciated.

I'd say roughly 117 pages, but can't be exact.

The number of pages in a screenplay usually corresponds very closely to the number of minutes of screentime.

Of course, there are plenty of exceptions.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: RegularKarate

I'd say roughly 117 pages, but can't be exact.

The number of pages in a screenplay usually corresponds very closely to the number of minutes of screentime.

Of course, there are plenty of exceptions.

it seems like the page count would be a bit longer than the running time with this paticular film -- usually with dialogue heavy scripts, the pages are less "dense". five pages of rapid dialogue could equal the same screen time of a dense page of action. i wouldn't be suprised if lebowski's script was around 135 pages. I can't find the actual screenplay, with correct formatting anywhere, though. so until then, it's simply speculation.
...your excuses are your own...

picolas

what is the number going to do for you?

Pubrick

Quote from: picolaswhat is the number going to do for you?
he's been telling ppl he wrote it and this is getting to be a gaping hole in his story..
under the paving stones.