Scary Movie 3 & 4

Started by ono, July 26, 2003, 06:11:59 PM

ono

I was surprised that I couldn't find a thread for these films, but I stand to be redirected.  I saw Swimming Pool this afternoon; a trailer before it advertises the coming Sofia Coppola flick Lost in Translation.  I want to find info on Anna Faris (and Scarlett Johanssen) and see she's in not only Scary Movie 3, but Scary Movie 4 (!).  Scary Movie was passable.  Scary Movie 2 was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.  They have nowhere to go but up, but I think this franchise is already dead, myself.  We'll see come October.

Cecil

i thought 1 & 2 were okay. quite funny.

Ghostboy

I liked the first one. The second one was bad -- except for the opening sequence, which almost killed me it was so funny.

The new trailer doesn't make me laugh, but Anna Faris is worth watching in anything. She's gold, she is.

Ernie

Yea, I like the first two ok...pretty funny stuff, I gotta admit. Ray is gold, definitely the funniest character hands down. Bobby and Greg were great too in the first one...it sucks they didn't miraculously come back in the sequel. They're funnier than that "Malcolm In The Middle" kid. The best part of the second one would have to be Chris Elliot as the fucked up caretaker, lol..."fanny's comin' through, you have to watch fanny"...fucking hilarious.

I know I'll get around to seeing the 3rd one sometime (and yes, probably 4 too dammit!) as much as I may regret it, lol.

Raikus

Just remember it's a fresh new creative team healming it. No more Wayans.

I've got faith in it.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

oakmanc234

I love the 'Scary Movie's. Looking forward to '3'. I can see it being huge this october, even without dope head Shorty and gay Ray.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Ernie

Oh fuck, Ray's not going to be in this one? Damn. I had no idea the Wayan's weren't involved AT ALL...that's kinda weird. Oh well, I know I'll probably still see it. Not that I need any more guilty pleasures.

Alethia

i thought the first one was really funny.....i dont think i laughed once during the second one.....maybe a little during the part where the stoner guy is getting smoked....ill see 3 outta curiosity probably

MacGuffin

Cast: Anna Faris (Cindy Campbell), Charlie Sheen, Anthony Anderson, Pamela Anderson, Peter Boyle, George Carlin, Fat Joe, William Forsythe, Macy Gray, Eddie Griffin, Regina Hall (Brenda Meeks), Darrell Hammond, Ja Rule, Jenny McCarthy, Camryn Manheim, Leslie Nielsen, Jeremy Piven, Denise Richards, Simon Rex, Timothy Stack

Director: David Zucker (The Naked Gun, The Naked Gun 2 1/2, BASEketball; codirector of Airplane! and Top Secret!; also has My Boss's Daughter coming; next up is Scary Movie 4).

Screenwriter: Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer (cowriters of Scary Movie, Spy Hard; they've also got The Year Without Santa Claus and Raunchy Movie in development); rewrite by Brian Lynch (1999's 'Big Helium Dog'), Craig Mazin (cowriter of Senseless, Rocketman), Pat Proft (cowriter of The Naked Gun series and Police Academy); production polish by Jonathan Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg (feature debuts).

Premise: The poster informs us that two of the movies that are spoofed are Signs and The Ring. Rapper Fat Joe's character is heavily involved with a sequence that spoofs 8 Mile. The casting news of George Carlin as a character who spoofs "The Architect" from The Matrix: Reloaded reveals that the two movies that are most heavily spoofed are actually that film and The Ring. Two other movies that get roasted this time around are The Hulk and The Others.

Sequel Note: Plans are already underway for 'Scary Movie 4', which will start in Vancouver in June, filming shortly after this one wraps. The target release date will be in the 1st quarter of 2004, just a few months after this third movie's October release. The cast will be a mixture of returning cast from this movie and some new additions, as the focus of the spoofing shifts from "fantasy epics" to the superhero genre.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

Wow, I really like some of the cast, and really hate the rest
I like to hug dogs

Ernie

The only truly hilarious guy imo is Darrell Hammond. Best Cheney ever. Clinton too.

Anna Faris is alright but not good enough to carry the movie. Charlie Sheen is usually unintentionally funny...so that should be interesting. George Carlin is a genius with standup but not so much acting I don't think...he's really great with what he writes himself though. I don't really know Leslie Neilsen...the little I've seen him in I haven't liked, I'm not a big Zucker Bros fan. I recognize Camryn Manheim's name...can't put a face to the name though...hmmm.

ono

Happiness Spoilers.

Camryn Manheim played Elenor on The Practice, and the woman who cut up her super after he tried to rape her in Happiness.

Carlin was decent in Dogma, but he can be kind of grating sometimes.  Sheen was great in Hot Shots.  It's been a while since that, of course.  He was decent in Spin City, though he's no Michael J. Fox.  Leslie Neilsen is a classic comedic actor.  Check out The Naked Gun series, PRONTO!

MacGuffin

Quote from: ebeamanI recognize Camryn Manheim's name...can't put a face to the name though...hmmm.

She was on the TV show "The Practice." Maybe you should pick up her book, tubby.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ernie

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: ebeamanI recognize Camryn Manheim's name...can't put a face to the name though...hmmm.

She was on the TV show "The Practice." Maybe you should pick up her book, tubby.

Aha, yes. I'm not quite that fat yet thankfully. I'll keep it in mind though.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks