Scary Movie 3 & 4

Started by ono, July 26, 2003, 06:11:59 PM

Brazoliange

Long live the New Flesh

Ravi

I didn't watch the trailer, but I bet all these "horror" films exist just to support making more Scary Movie sequels.

The Red Vine

Quote from: Ravi on February 13, 2006, 10:58:06 AM
I bet all these "horror" films exist just to support making more Scary Movie sequels.

I think so. and it'll make millions of dollars I'm sure. but judging from the (unfunny) trailer, most of those things have already been made fun of. particularly the Tom Cruise couch thing....it's getting a little old. and that IPOD scene was just lame.

I have to admit I laughed a lot at the first Scary Movie. but now their idea of humor is slapstick. that's not just the Scary Movies, but a lot of comedies in general.

yet another commercial movie I'll be skipping  :yabbse-sad:
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

Kal

The point is that the iPod, the Tom Cruise, and some other scenes that I saw there (something about Napoleon Dynamite and something else) are not even from SCARY MOVIES... so what the fuck? Thats just making fun of any type of movie even if its not scary... for that it was better to do Not Another Teen Movie 2.

Besides that, the best Tom-Oprah parody they made is this:

matt35mm

Scary Movie 3 had a lot of stuff not from horror movies as well, but I loved that movie.  It had nothing to do with the first two in premise or style, but that certain Zucker zaniness was, at times, in full hilarious swing.

That said, I have no interest in part 4.  It looks terrible.

Ravi

Man, I can't believe one of the Zs in ZAZ would be involved in this franchise.  But then again even Mel Brooks has made some mediocre spoofs.

I liked the first Scary Movie.  I haven't seen it in several years though, and I have a feeling it doesn't hold up too well.  But it probably holds up better than all these movies that just parody whatever flavors-of-the-month were popular when the scripts were being written.

Kal

The first one was fun... I havent seen it in years also, but I remember seeing it several times when it first came out and I got the DVD after... 2nd one wasnt as good, and the 3rd one was crap. This one will suck too.

grand theft sparrow

I wound up seeing this tonight because a friend of mine whom I haven't seen in a while wanted to see it.  Complete crap as expected.  I laughed maybe 5 times through the whole movie and almost no one else was laughing at what I found funny.  The sold-out audience was eating it up, even the recycled jokes like the obligatory Michael Jackson gag (which I was praying they wouldn't do) or the fake Japanese ("Toyota Kawasaki Toshiba" and the like), which was a variation on the fake Native American that they did in Hot Shots 15 years ago.  Terrible.

Seeing as I've never seen Saw or The Village or The Grudge or a couple of other movies they spoofed, I really didn't care what they were making fun of.  But this made me realize why these 2 sucked, compared to the Naked Gun movies or Airplane or Top Secret.  There's no love here for the movies they spoof.  If the writers/director actually cared about the movies they're making fun of, they might care enough to make more than just a string of the most famous scenes from every hit horror movie in the last 18 months.

pete

uh, I don't think I'll watch it, but I want to.  first of all, I'm eternally in love with anna faris.  secondly, I actually thought the trailer was funny.  not as funny as the zuckers thought it would be, but still pretty funny.  leslie nelson playing bush is just a very very good thought.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: hacksparrow on April 15, 2006, 12:54:39 AM
I wound up seeing this tonight because a friend of mine whom I haven't seen in a while wanted to see it.  Complete crap as expected.  I laughed maybe 5 times through the whole movie and almost no one else was laughing at what I found funny.

That pretty much sums it up for me too. I was pressured into it by two other friends since they mentioned how the 3rd was good. There were only a few enjoyable moments in the movie for me.

polkablues

Quote from: musse on April 15, 2006, 12:15:25 PM
I was pressured into it by two other friends since they mentioned how the 3rd was good.

Get new friends.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Ravi

Quote from: hacksparrow on April 15, 2006, 12:54:39 AM
fake Japanese ("Toyota Kawasaki Toshiba" and the like), which was a variation on the fake Native American that they did in Hot Shots 15 years ago. 

Hot Shots! Part Deux also had great fake Arabic.  "Kareem Abdul Jabbar!  Al Jarreau!"

MacGuffin

Weinsteins on top as 'Scary' opens with $41 million

Bob and Harvey Weinstein returned to the boxoffice lead as "Scary Movie 4" debuted with about $41 million, the first No. 1 opening for the new company founded by the former Miramax bosses. It was the best Easter weekend debut ever, beating the $30.1 million opening of "Panic Room" in 2002, according to studio estimates Sunday. With the success of "Scary Movie 4," Bob Weinstein said he hopes to have a fifth film in the horror-spoof franchise in theaters over Easter weekend next year.

"I say the Weinsteins should be getting 'Scary Movie' 5 through 10 ready right away," said Paul Dergarabedian, president of box-office tracker Exhibitor Relations.

Weinstein said director David Zucker and writer Jim Abrahams, collaborators on "Airplane!" and the "Naked Gun" movies, would reteam for the next sequel.

"Scary Movie 4" was released under the Weinstein Co.'s Dimension label, which the brothers brought with them after their departure from Disney-owned Miramax last year. Disney continues to share half the proceeds from the "Scary Movie" flicks and any future installments in pre-existing Dimension franchises, such as the "Scream" or "Spy Kids" series.

The Weinsteins will have sole control over any new franchises Dimension undertakes.

"We've got four or five new franchises in development, so it's not just like I'm going to go ad infinitum on the old stuff," Bob Weinstein said. "We've got other ideas that I'm really excited about starting."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

This is pretty much the worst movie ever made...

I dont know why in hell I saw this... I wanted to see Benchwarmers but I got there late and that was the only one to see... not only its not funny, but they are not making fun of scary movies anymore. Brokeback Mountain, Tom Cruise, Million Dollar Baby? Its fucking ridiculous...

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: kal on April 17, 2006, 07:50:03 AM
This is pretty much the worst movie ever made...

You clearly haven't seen Part 3.