Let The Right One In

Started by modage, October 16, 2008, 11:09:28 AM

modage

http://www.lettherightoneinmovie.com/

Synopsis: Oscar, an overlooked and bullied boy, finds love and revenge through Eli, a beautiful but peculiar girl who turns out to be a vampire.
TRAILER: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/dor/objects/14262808/lat_den_ratte_komma_in/videos/let_the_right_one_in_101508.html

"Tomas Alfredson's Let The Right One In (Magnolia, 10.24) is easily the most strikingly unusual vampire pic that anyone's seen in I don't know how long. The fact that Overture Films and Spitfire Pictures are developing a U.S. remake with Cloverfield's Matt Reeves on board to direct speaks volumes. It's one of the standout originals of '08."

thanks to Cinematical's endless pimping, i am totally going to see this!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

w/o horse

Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

samsong

JG

samsong

last days of gerry the elephant

I had tickets to see it last week at Toronto's After Dark Film Festival and it completely slipped my mind... luckily they over sold the show and I was able to get a refund today... And that's my story.

JG

Bram

It's strange to see a film that showed off his ass this january at the International Film Festival Rotterdam now being completely hyped by the rest of the world. But it doesn't really get me on a groove to see it, somehow.

w/o horse

Quote from: Bram on October 26, 2008, 11:00:29 AM
It's strange to see a film that showed off his ass this january at the International Film Festival Rotterdam now being completely hyped by the rest of the world. But it doesn't really get me on a groove to see it, somehow.

I think it's the 'his' that confuses me here.

Special Thanks to JG and samsong for their minimal effort over a tenuous four posts effort.

In summation this thread is useless in regards to my intentions on seeing this film.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

samsong

bram continues his boldness by personifying movies on the festival circuit, complete with gender distinction.

you're welcome w/o.

it's the kind of film where people who assess movies based on individual aspects of filmmaking without considering the whole will love, where if the majority of what they look for (or are capable of noticing) is good, then the movie must be good, not to suggest that ghostboy's anything like that, but it's the sense i got from having seen it and overhearing the retarded comments that most people made.

let the right one in, in its "genre reconstruction!" doesn't succeed in creating a unit out of these seemingly disparate elements--vampire movie, teen angst catharsis, deadpan comedy, the revenge flick--so much as show a (dubiously) deft ability to switch hats a lot, and very quickly.  at one moment it's this movie, at the very next moment it's that movie.  it's crafted with a sure hand, but it's working with a really ridiculous and at times very stupid screenplay.  it connects occasionally with some tenderness and moments of movie bliss but its flimsy foundation buckles from underneath it and left me with that terrible feeling of my time having been wasted.

Bram

I wasn't personifying. I was hearing a lot of good words about the film that I've expected too see the hype much sooner. But when I first saw the plot outline and bits of the trailer, it didn't really do anything for me. So I just remarked that I found it a bit weird that the worldwide hype kicks in this late. And you're comment make me want to see the film even less.

And sorry, it supposed to be "showed off it's ass". I think it's a Dutch thing, we don't really have a difference between "it's" and "his" (we refer to the movie's ass as his ass or 'zijn kont', with 'zijn' being both it's or his).

modage

Let The Right One In

This is a horror film that puts its characters first and is unlike any I've ever seen.  It deftly handles switching between horror, dark comedy, and coming of age film.  The horror scenes are scary and stylish and doesn't shy away from gore.  The cinematography and score are beautiful and I can't imagine finding better child actors.  One of my favorite films this year.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

Here's my (mildly spoilerish) review of the movie....

samsong

Quote from: Bram on October 28, 2008, 03:38:36 AM
I wasn't personifying. I was hearing a lot of good words about the film that I've expected too see the hype much sooner. But when I first saw the plot outline and bits of the trailer, it didn't really do anything for me. So I just remarked that I found it a bit weird that the worldwide hype kicks in this late. And you're comment make me want to see the film even less.

And sorry, it supposed to be "showed off it's ass". I think it's a Dutch thing, we don't really have a difference between "it's" and "his" (we refer to the movie's ass as his ass or 'zijn kont', with 'zijn' being both it's or his).

i assumed it was because of your european shenanigans.  all jokes, no worries... hopefully.