The Usual Suspects...ahh

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, April 12, 2003, 01:22:16 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetThis has been talked about before, so much so I'm dissapointed MacGuffin didn't redirect this thread into oblivion.

You wanna know why?... It redirects back to the Gay/Donnie Darko thread, and someone already stirred that one up again.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Quote from: ebeaman69WARNING: Get ready for a film snob

...I need to stop now.

And how

Duck Sauce

Quote from: snaporaz
what's even more amazing is how the fuck it came to be like #16 on imdb's top 250 list.

Its not like the IMDB list is the most accurate representation of film quality.

Pedro

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: snaporaz
what's even more amazing is how the fuck it came to be like #16 on imdb's top 250 list.

Its not like the IMDB list is the most accurate representation of film quality.

Fellowship of the Ring is like 4

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Rudie Obias

the most over rated movie of this generation!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Rudie Obias

Quote from: ebeaman69it's just an ending with an 100 minute prologue.

this is the funniest thing i ever heard anyone say about a movie in long time.  ebeaman69, i hope you don't mind but i'm gonna steal this from you everytime i talk to someone about THE USUAL SUSPECTS.  it was very well put!   :)
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

moonshiner

Quote from: ebeaman69Unbreakable is boring

My favorite M. Knight movie....Usual Suspects was a good movie and not crap, but it wasn't great....also calling a movie boring sometimes confuses me.
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

SHAFTR

I don't see why people are hating The Usual Suspects.  It is a well done Neo-Noir with great acting.  The first viewing is great b/c of the ending and repeat viewings are fun to watch to see the interaction and blurring of realism and surrealism.

I'm going to have to disagree with the Xixax norm and go with the real world norm on this one.  The Usual Suspects is a classic.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Cecil

Quote from: SHAFTRI don't see why people are hating The Usual Suspects.

they started with darko and moved on to suspects. what will be next? probably memento

SHAFTR

Did they already cover The Sixth Sense?

Gold Trumpet

I've been bashing Memento for a long time, it definitely should be next up in life for the fire. Contrivance for the sake of contrivance needs to be riddled out of existence in belief that it is actually good. The shit needs to fall on these films.

~rougerum

Cecil

Quote from: SHAFTRDid they already cover The Sixth Sense?

kinda. it was for or against m. night in general. it wasnt a negative "most overrated movie ever" thing

SHAFTR

A contrived film can still be a good film, if contrived well.

Gold Trumpet

contrivance needs a purpose, not a decorator.

~rougerum